Honda Accord: Installing a Child Seat
After selecting a proper child seat and a good place to install the seat, there are three main steps in installing the seat:
1. Properly secure the child seat to the vehicle. All child seats must be secured to the vehicle with the lap part of a lap/shoulder belt or with the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system. A child whose seat is not properly secured to the vehicle can be endangered in a crash.
2. Make sure the child seat is firmly secured. After installing a child seat, push and pull the seat forward and from side-to-side to verify that it is secure.
A child seat secured with a seat belt should be installed as firmly as possible. However, it does not need to be ‘‘rock solid.’’ Some side-to-side movement can be expected and should not reduce the child seat’s effectiveness.
If the child seat is not secure, try installing it in a different seating position, or use a different style of child seat that can be firmly secured.
3. Secure the child in the child seat.
Make sure the child is properly strapped in the child seat according to the child seat maker’s instructions. A child who is not properly secured in a child seat can be seriously injured in a crash.
The following pages provide guidelines on how to properly install a child seat. A forward-facing child seat is used in all examples, but the instructions are the same for a rearfacing child seat.
- Installing a Child Seat with LATCH
- Installing a Child Seat with a Lap/Shoulder Belt
- Installing a Child Seat with a Tether
Voice Control System
On models with navigation system The climate control system for your vehicle can also be operated using the voice control system. See the navigation system manual for complete details. ...
Recommended Tire Pressures
Normal Driving The following charts show the recommended cold tire pressures for most normal driving conditions. 4-cylinder models V6 models The compact spare tire pressure is: 60 psi (42 ...
Heating and Cooling System*/ClimateControl System* Maintenance
Dust and Pollen Filter The heating and cooling system*/climate control system* is equipped with a dust and pollen filter that collects pollen, dust, and other debris in the air. The Maintenance ...