Honda Accord: Installing a Child Seat with LATCH
Your vehicle is equipped with LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) at the outer rear seats.
The lower anchors are located between the seat-back and seat bottom, and are to be used only with a child seat designed for use with LATCH.
The location of each lower anchor is indicated by a small button above the anchor point.
To install a LATCH-compatible child seat:
1. Move the seat belt buckle or tongue away from the lower anchors.
2. Make sure there are no objects near the anchors that could prevent a secure connection between the child seat and the anchors.
3. Place the child seat on the vehicle seat, then attach the seat to the lower anchors according to the child seat maker’s instructions.
Some LATCH-compatible seats have a rigid-type connector as shown above.
Other LATCH-compatible seats have a flexible-type connector as shown above.
4. Whatever type you have, follow the child seat maker’s instructions for adjusting or tightening the fit.
5. Lift the head restraint, then route the tether strap through the legs of the head restraint and over the seat-back, making sure the strap is not twisted.
6. Open the anchor cover.
7. Attach the tether strap hook to the tether anchor, then tighten the strap as instructed by the child seat maker.
8. Push and pull the child seat forward and from side-to-side to verify that it is secure.
Installing a Child SeatAfter selecting a proper child seat and a good place to install the seat, there are three main steps in installing the seat: 1. Properly secure the child seat to the vehicle. All child seats ...
Installing a Child Seat with a Lap/Shoulder BeltWhen not using the LATCH system, all child seats must be secured to the vehicle with the lap part of a lap/ shoulder belt. In addition, the lap/shoulder belts in all seating positions except ...
Evaporator Core Replacement
1. Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycIing/charging station (see page 21-80). 2. Remove the bolt from the A/C line clamp (A). 3. Remove the bolt, then disconnect the A/C line (A) fro ...
You may use a synthetic motor oil if it meets the same requirements given for a conventional motor oil: it displays the API Certification Seal, and it is the proper weight. You must follow t ...
Playing a USB Flash Memory Device (Models with navigation system)
Playing a USB Flash Memory Device (Models with navigation system) ...