Honda Accord: Installing a Child Seat with LATCH
Your vehicle is equipped with LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) at the outer rear seats.
The lower anchors are located between the seat-back and seat bottom, and are to be used only with a child seat designed for use with LATCH.
The location of each lower anchor is indicated by a small button above the anchor point.
To install a LATCH-compatible child seat:
1. Move the seat belt buckle or tongue away from the lower anchors.
2. Make sure there are no objects near the anchors that could prevent a secure connection between the child seat and the anchors.
3. Place the child seat on the vehicle seat, then attach the seat to the lower anchors according to the child seat maker’s instructions.
Some LATCH-compatible seats have a rigid-type connector as shown above.
Other LATCH-compatible seats have a flexible-type connector as shown above.
4. Whatever type you have, follow the child seat maker’s instructions for adjusting or tightening the fit.
5. Lift the head restraint, then route the tether strap through the legs of the head restraint and over the seat-back, making sure the strap is not twisted.
6. Open the anchor cover.
7. Attach the tether strap hook to the tether anchor, then tighten the strap as instructed by the child seat maker.
8. Push and pull the child seat forward and from side-to-side to verify that it is secure.
Mainshaft Thrust Clearance Adjustment
Special Tools Required - Mainshaft Holder 07GAJ-PG20110 - Mainshaft Base 07GAJ-PG20130 1. Remove the 72 mm shim (A) and oil guide plate M from the transmission housing (B). 2. Thoroughly clea ...
Replacing a Front Turn Signal/Parking Light Bulb
1. Open the hood. To change the turn signal bulb on the passenger’s side, remove the engine coolant reserve tank by pulling it out of its stay. Driver’s side on V6 models Remove t ...
Cruise Control Combination
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations: 2-door fsee page 24-23) 4-door (see page 24-21) Precautions and procedures (see page 24-25), in the SRS before d ...