Honda Accord: Installing a Child Seat with a Lap/Shoulder Belt
When not using the LATCH system, all child seats must be secured to the vehicle with the lap part of a lap/ shoulder belt.
In addition, the lap/shoulder belts in all seating positions except the driver’s have a lockable retractor that must be activated to secure a child seat.
1. With the child seat in the desired seating position, route the belt through the child seat according to the seat maker’s instructions, then insert the latch plate into the buckle and remove any slack from the lap portion of the belt.
2. To activate the lockable retractor, slowly pull the shoulder part of the belt all the way out until it stops, then let the belt feed back into the retractor.
3. After the belt has retracted, tug on it. If the belt is locked, you will not be able to pull it out. If you can pull the belt out, it is not locked, and you will need to repeat these steps.
4. After confirming that the belt is locked, grab the shoulder part of the belt near the buckle, and pull up to remove any slack from the lap part of the belt. Remember, if the lap part of the belt is not tight, the child seat will not be secure.
To remove slack, it may help to put weight on the child seat, or push on the back of the seat while pulling up on the belt.
5. Push and pull the child seat forward and from side-to-side to verify that it is secure enough to stay upright during normal driving maneuvers. If the child seat is not secure, unlatch the belt, allow it to retract fully, then repeat these steps.
To deactivate the lockable retractor and remove a child seat, unlatch the buckle, unroute the seat belt, and let the belt fully retract.
ATF Filter Replacement
NOTE: The ATF filter is not a scheduled maintenance item. Replace the filter only if it is leaking, or contaminated, or when the transmission is being overhauled or replaced with a remanufactured u ...
Rear Brake Pad Inspection and Replacement
CAUTION Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. - Avoid breathing dust particles. -Never use an air hose or brush to clea ...
Cam Chain Auto-tensioner Removal
Removal 1.Remove the chain case cover 2. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise to compress the auto-tensioner. 3. Align the holes on the lock (A) and the auto-tensioner (B), then insert a 1.2 ...