Honda Accord: VTC Actuator Inspection
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Loosen the rocker arm adjusting screws (see step 2 on page 6-81).
3. Remove the camshaft holder (see step 3 on page 6-81).
4. Remove the intake camshaft.
5. Check that the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator is locked by turning the VTC actuator counterclockwise. If it is not locked, turn the VTC actuator clockwise until it stops, then recheck it. If it is still not locked, replace the VTC actuator.
6. Seal the retard holes (A) in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie.
7. Seal one of the advance holes (A) with tape.
8. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock.
9. Check that the VTC actuator moves smoothly. If the VTC actuator does not move smoothly, replace the VTC actuator.
10. Remove the wire tie, the tape, and the adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
11. Make sure the punch marks on the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket are facing up, then set the camshafts in the cylinder head (see step 7 on page 6-93).
12. Set the camshaft holders and cam chain guide B in place (see step 8 on page 6-93).
13. Tighten the camshaft holder bolts to the specified torque (see step 9 on page 6-93).
14. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
15. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
16. Adjust the valve clearance (see page 6-58).
Engine Type K24Z2: 2.4 L DOHC i-VTEC Sequential Multiport Fuel-injected, 177HP engine K24Z3: 2.4 L DOHC i-VTEC Sequential Multiport Fuel-injected, 190HP engine Serial Number 3000001 -K24Z2 pro ...
DTC P0506: idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected NOTE: Before you troubleshoot record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot, and review the general troubleshooting information (see page ...
Out of Vehicle For front seat belt retractors with seat belt tensioners, review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (se ...