Honda Accord: Valve Clearance Adjustment
Special Tools Required
. Locknut Wrench 07MAA-PR70120
. Adjuster 07MAA-PR70110
NOTE: Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) and monitor the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor 1 with the HDS. Adjust the valve clearance only when the ECT sensor 1 temperature is less than 100 Р’В°F (38 Р’В°C).
1. Remove the cylinder head cover (see page 6-73).
2. Set the No. 1 piston at top dead center (TDC). The punch mark (A) on the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator and the punch mark (B) on the exhaust camshaft sprocket should be at the top. Align the TDC marks (C) on the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
3. Select the correct feeler gauge for the valve clearance you are going to check.
Intake: 0.21 - 0 . 2 5 mm (0.008-0.010 In)
Exhaust 0.25-0.29 mm (0.010-0.011 in)
4. Insert the feeler gauge (A) between the adjusting screw (B) and the end of the valve stem, and slide it back and forth; you should feel a slight amount of drag.
5. If you feel too much or too little drag, loosen the locknut with the locknut wrench and the adjuster, and turn the adjusting screw until the drag on the feeler gauge is correct.
6. Tighten the locknut to the specified torque, and recheck the clearance. Repeat the adjustment if necessary.
7 x 0.75 mm
14 N-m (1.4 kgf-m, 10 Ibfft) Apply new engine oil to the nut threads.
7 x 0.75 mm
14 N-m (1.4 kgf-m, 10 Ibfft)
Apply new engine oil to the nut threads.
7. Rotate the crankshaft 180 Р’В° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 Р’В°).
8. Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on the No. 3 cylinder.
9. Rotate the crankshaft 180 Р’В° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 Р’В°).
10. Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on the No. 4 cylinder.
11. Rotate the crankshaft 180 Р’В° clockwise (camshaft pulley turns 90 Р’В°).
12. Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on the No. 2 cylinder.
13. Install the cylinder head cover (see page 6-74).
Drive Belt Auto-tensioner
Special Tools Required Belt Tension Release Tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available 1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and make sure to turn the A/C switch OFF. Turn the ign ...
Playing the FM/AM Radio (Models without navigation system)
Playing the FM/AM Radio (Models without navigation system) ...
Driver's Outer Dashboard Trim
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related pa ...