Honda Accord: Crankshaft Pulley Removal and Installation
Special Tools Required
Handle, 6-25-660L 07JAB-001020B
Crankshaft Pulley Holder 07AAB-RJAA100
Socket, 19 mm 07JAA-001020A or equivalent
1 . Remove the front wheels.
2. Remove the splash shield (see step 25 on page 5-5).
3. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
4. Hold the pulley with the handle, 6-25-660L (A) and the crankshaft pulley holder (B).
5. Remove the bolt with a socket, 19 mm (C) and a breaker bar, then remove the crankshaft pulley.
1. Clean the crankshaft pulley (A), the crankshaft (B), the bolt (C), and the washer (D). Lubricate with new engine oil as shown.
2. Install the crankshaft pulley, and holder the pulley with the handle (A) and the crankshaft pulley holder (B).
3. Torque the bolt to 49 N-m (5.0 kgf-m, 36 Ibf-ft) with a torque wrench and socket, 19 mm (C). Do not use an impact wrench. If the pulley bolt or crankshaft are new, torque the bolt to 177 N-m (18.0 kgf-m, 130 Ibf-ft), then remove the bolt and torque it to 49 N-m (5.0 kgf-m, 36 Ibf-ft).
4. Tighten the pulley bolt an additional 90 Р’В°.
5. Install the drive belt (see page 4-30).
6. Install the splash shield (see step 47 on page 5-20).
7. Install the front wheels.
Front Splash Shield Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. - 4-door is sho ...
The Passenger’s Front Airbag Can Pose Serious Risks
Front airbags have been designed to help protect adults in a moderate to severe frontal collision. To do this, the passenger’s front airbag is quite large, and it can inflate with enough f ...
Component Location Index
With navigation system ...