Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the needle bearings for galling and rough movement.
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
5. Install the conical spring washer, the reverse selector, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, and all gears in the direction shown.
6. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The countershaft locknut has left-hand threads.
7. Some reverse selector hubs and 3rd gears are press-fitted to the countershaft; special tools are needed to remove them (see page 14-290) and to install them (see page 14-290).
Mode Control Motor Test
'08-09 models with A/T and '10 model with A/T NOTE; Before testing the motor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-9). 1. Disconnect the 7P connector from the mode control motor. Incorrectly app ...
Trunk Lid Torsion Bar Replacement
Special Tools Required Torsion Bar Assembly Tool 07AAF-SNAA100 1. Remove the trunk lid torsion bars (A) from the torsion bar center clip (B). 3. Remove the torsion bar center clip (A) from the ...