Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the needle bearings for galling and rough movement.
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
5. Install the conical spring washer, the reverse selector, the 35 x 47 x 7.8 mm collar, and all gears in the direction shown.
6. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The countershaft locknut has left-hand threads.
7. Some reverse selector hubs and 3rd gears are press-fitted to the countershaft; special tools are needed to remove them (see page 14-290) and to install them (see page 14-290).
Mainshaft 5th Gear Axial Clearance Inspection1. Remove the mainshaft transmission housing bearing (seepage 14-270). 2. Install the thrust needle bearing ( A ) , 5th gear ( B ) , the needle bearing (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 41 ...
Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and 3rd Gear Removal1. Install a commercially available bearing separator on 4th gear (A). Set the countershaft (B) on a press with a spacer (C) between the press and the countershaft, and remove the reverse selector ...
Intermediate Shaft Reassembly
Exploded View Special Tools Required -Oil Seal Driver 07GAD-PH70201 -Half Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101 -Attachment 52 x 55 mm 07746-0010400 -Attachment 35 mm I.D. 07746-0030400 -Driver Handle, 15 ...
ECT Sensor 1 Replacement
1. Drain the engine coolant (see page 10-6). 2. Disconnect the ECT sensor 1 connector (A). 3. Remove ECT sensor 1 (B). 4. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ring ...