Honda Accord: Intermediate Shaft Reassembly
Special Tools Required
-Oil Seal Driver 07GAD-PH70201
-Half Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101
-Attachment 52 x 55 mm 07746-0010400
-Attachment 35 mm I.D. 07746-0030400
-Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000
-Attachment 45 x 55 mm 07MAD-PR90100
NOTE; Refer to the Exploded View, as needed, during this procedure.
1. Clean the disassembled parts with solvent, and dry them with compressed air.
NOTE: Do not wash the rubber parts with solvent.
2. Press a new intermediate shaft bearing (A) into the bearing support (B) using the 52 x 55 mm attachment and a press.
3. Install the internal snap ring (A) into the groove (B) of the bearing support.
4. Press the intermediate snatt |A) into the shaft bearing (B) using the 35 mm attachment (C) and the press.
5. Install the external snap ring (A) into the groove of the intermediate shaft (B).
. Install a new outer seal (A) into the bearing support (B) using the 45X55 mm attachment (C), the oil seal driver (D), the half shaft base (E), and the press. Press in the seal until it is 4 В± 0.2 mm (0.16 В± 0.008 in) (F) below the surface of the bearing support end.
7. Install the heat shield (A).
Intermediate Shaft DisassemblySpecial Tools Required вЂўHalf Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101 -Oil Seal Driver, 44.5 mm 07947-SB00100 1. Remove the heat shield (A). 3. Press the intermediate shaft (A) out of the intermediate s ...
Intermediate Shaft Installation1. Clean the areas where the Intermediate shaft contacts the differential thoroughly with solvent, and dry then with compressed air. NOTE: Do not wash the rubber parts with solvent. 2. Install ...
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
NOTE: Do an all DTC check with the HDS and troubleshoot those first before following the repair procedures listed in the index. ...
To Stop Playing a USB Flash Memory Device
To play the radio, press the FM, AM, or button. Press the CD/ AUX button to switch between disc mode (if a disc is loaded) and the USB and AUX. On models without XM Radio, press the CD butt ...