Honda Accord: EVAP Canister Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift.
2. Remove the wheel sensor harness clamps (A)
3. Support the rear subframe with a transmission jack and a wooden block as shown.
4. Remove the rear subframe mounting bolts (B) and (C).
5. Lower the transmission jack and rear subframe about 50 mm.
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the connecting parts.
6. Remove the bolt (A), and disconnect the hoses (B), the EVAP canister vent shut valve 2P connector (C), and the FTP sensor 3P connector (D).
7. Remove the bolts (E), then remove the EVAP canister assembly (F).
8. Remove the EVAP canister (A) from the EVAP canister bracket (B).
9. Remove the EVAP canister vent shut valve (A) and FTP sensor (B) from the canister (C).
10. Reassemble the EVAP canister with new O-rings (D) and a new retainer (E), then install the EVAP canister bracket.
NOTE: Do not coat the O-rings with oil.
11. Install the EVAP canister assembly to the body.
NOTE: Attach the bracket arm (A) to the body as shown.
12. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal. Use new bolts when you install the rear subframe.
13. Check the wheel alignment (see page 18-5).
Fuel Cap Warning Message System TroubleshootingSpecial Tools Required - Vacuum Pump/Gauge, 0 - 3 0 In.Hg, Snap-on YA4000A or equivalent, commercially available - Vacuum/Pressure Gauge, 0 - 4 In.Hg, 07JAZ-001000B comes on frequently, or if the ...
FTP Sensor Replacement1. Remove the bolt (A), and disconnect the EVAP canister vent shut valve 2P connector (B), the FTP sensor 3P connector (C), and the hoses (D). 2. Remove the bolts (E), and move the EVAP canister ...
Side Sill Protection Tape Replacement
2-door 1. Slowly remove the old side sill protection tape. 2. Clean the body bonding surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol. After cleaning, keep oil, grease, and water from get ...
Oil Pan Remowal
1. If the engine is already out of the vehicle, go to step 19. 2. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306). 3. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92). 4. Remove the ...