Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release, Release Spring, and Release Shaft Replacement
Type A Shift Lever
1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222).
2. Remove the A/T gear position indicator panel from the shift lever (see page 14-227).
3. Release the lock (A) of the shift lock release, and remove the shift lock release and the release spring (B).
4. Release the lock (C) of the release shaft, and remove the shaft (D).
5. Replace the shift lock release, the release spring, or the release shaft.
6. Install the release spring (A) in the shift lock release (B).
7. Install the release shaft (C) in the shift lever, and install the shift lock release and the release spring on the release shaft end.
8. Make sure that the release spring end (A) is installed in the shift lock release (B), and the hooked end (C) is on the stop (D).
9. Install the A/T gear position indicator panel on the shift lever (see page 14-227).
10. Install the shift lever assembly (see page 14-224).
1. Inspect the 4th and 5th clutch pistons and the clutch piston check valves (A). 2. If the clutch piston check valve is loose or damaged, replace the clutch piston. 3. Check the spring retain ...
Fuel Line Inspection
Check the fuel system lines and hoses for damage, leaks, and deteriorationi,. Replace any damaged parts. Check all clamps, and make sure they are properly positioned and tightened. All models ex ...
Component Location Index Rear Door