Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release, Release Spring, and Release Shaft Replacement
Type A Shift Lever
1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222).
2. Remove the A/T gear position indicator panel from the shift lever (see page 14-227).
3. Release the lock (A) of the shift lock release, and remove the shift lock release and the release spring (B).
4. Release the lock (C) of the release shaft, and remove the shaft (D).
5. Replace the shift lock release, the release spring, or the release shaft.
6. Install the release spring (A) in the shift lock release (B).
7. Install the release shaft (C) in the shift lever, and install the shift lock release and the release spring on the release shaft end.
8. Make sure that the release spring end (A) is installed in the shift lock release (B), and the hooked end (C) is on the stop (D).
9. Install the A/T gear position indicator panel on the shift lever (see page 14-227).
10. Install the shift lever assembly (see page 14-224).
Shift Lock Stop/Shift Lock Stop Cushion ReplacementType A Shift Lever 1. Remove the shift lock solenoid (see page 14-254). 2. Remove the shift lock stop (A) and the stop cushion (B) as a set. 3. Apply silicone grease to the pin (C) of the shif ...
Park Pin Switch ReplacementType A Shift Lever NOTE: The AfT gear position indicator panel light harness and the park pin switch are not available separately. Replace the A/T gear position indicator panel light harness and t ...
Component Location Index Rear Door
About Your Audio System
See the Navigation System Manual for information on the navigation system. The audio system features AM/FM radio and the XM® Radio service*. It can also play audio CDs, WMA/MP3/AAC files, Hard ...
General Check Before Troubleshooting Before troubleshooting the immobilizer system, check the following general items and solve any if applicable: вЂў The battery is low; charge the battery ful ...