Honda Accord: Rocker Arm and Shaft inspection
1. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81).
2. Disassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82).
3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at the first rocker location.
4. Zero the gauge (A) to the shaft diameter.
5. Measure the inside diameter of the rocker arm, and check it for an out-of-round condition.
Rocker Arm-to-Shaft Clearance
Standard (New): 0.018-вЂќ0.059 mm (0.0007-0.0023 in)
Service Limit: 0.08 mm (0.003 in)
6. Repeat for all intake rocker arms and intake shaft. If the clearance is beyond the service limit, replace the rocker shaft and all out of service limit rocker arms. If any VTEC rocker arm needs replacement, replace the intake rocker arms (primary, mid, and secondary), as a set.
7. Repeat for all exhaust rocker arms and exhaust shaft.
If the clearance is beyond the service limit, replace the rocker shaft and all out of service limit rocker arms. If any VTEC rocker arm needs replacement, replace the exhaust rocker arms (primary and secondary), as a set.
8. Inspect the rocker arm pistons (A). Push on each piston manually. If it does not move smoothly, replace the rocker arm set.
NOTE: Apply new engine oil to the rocker arm pistons when reassembling.
9. Reassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82).
10. Install the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-93).
With automatic lighting Without automatic lighting Back-up Lights Brake Lights ...
The HFL digits do not go away from the audio-HVAC subdisplay or the audio HVAC display after pressing the HFL BACK button 1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (see page 23-252). 2. Clear the DTCs with ...
Steering Column Inspection
Inspection 1. Remove the steering column (see page 17-10). 2. Check these items; вЂўCheck for loose bearing mounting nuts (A). If they are loose, replace the column as an assembly. -Check ...