Honda Accord: Cylinder Head Inspection for Warpage
1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76).
2. Inspect the camshaft (see page 6-84).
3. Check the cylinder head for warpage. Measure along the edges, and three ways across the center.
- If warpage is less than 0.05 mm (0.002 in) cylinder head resurfacing is not required.
- If warpage is between 0.05 mm (0.002 in) and 0.2 mm (0.008 in), resurface the cylinder head.
- The maximum resurface limit is 0.2 mm (0.008 in) based on a height of 104 mm (4.09 in).
Cylinder Head Height
Standard (New): 103.95-104.05 mm
Service Limit: 103.8 mm (4.087 in)
VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket ReplacementRemoval 1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62). 2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft ...
Rocker Arm Assembly Removal1 Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62). 2. Loosen the rocker arm adjusting screws (A). 3. Remove the camshaft holder bolts. To prevent damaging the camshafts, loosen the bolts, in sequence, tw ...
Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box
Removal and Installation Special Tools Required Relay Puller 07AAC-000A1A0 NOTE; The under-hood fuse/relay box is a part of the left engine compartment wire harness, and it cannot be replaced by ...
Controls Near the Steering Wheel
Controls Near the Steering Wheel ...