Honda Accord: VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Replacement
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
3. If the VTC actuator will be reused, do these steps.
-1. Remove the intake camshaft, and seal the retard holes in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie (see step 6 on page 6-57).
-2. Seal one of the advance holes with tape (see step 7 on page 6-57).
-3. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock (see step 8 on page 6-58).
-4. Remove the tape and adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
4. Remove the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
1. Install the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
NOTE: Install the VTC actuator while in the unlocked position.
2. Apply new engine oil to the threads of the VTC actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft mounting bolt, then install them.
3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then tighten the bolts.
VTC Actuator Mounting Bolt:
12 x 1.25 mm
113 N-m (11.5 kgfm, 83 Ibf-ft)
Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Mounting Bolt:
72 N-m (7.3 kgfm, 53 Ibf-ft)
4. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
5. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
Reverse Idler Gear Removal and
Removal 1. Remove the bolt (A) securing the reverse idler gear shaft holder (B). 2. Install a 5 x 0.8 mm bolt (C) in the reverse idler gear shaft (D), and pull it to remove the reverse idler gea ...
You can add, change, or remove a PIN number from any phonebook. To add a PIN: If you have selected a phonebook without a PIN, you will see the above display. Enter the new 4-digit PIN. You ...
Lever-Locked Connector Disconnecting To disconnect the connector, pull the lever (A) while pushing the lock tab (B) down, then pull the connector (C). Connecting To connect the connector, push ...