Honda Accord: VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Replacement
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
3. If the VTC actuator will be reused, do these steps.
-1. Remove the intake camshaft, and seal the retard holes in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie (see step 6 on page 6-57).
-2. Seal one of the advance holes with tape (see step 7 on page 6-57).
-3. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock (see step 8 on page 6-58).
-4. Remove the tape and adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
4. Remove the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
1. Install the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
NOTE: Install the VTC actuator while in the unlocked position.
2. Apply new engine oil to the threads of the VTC actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft mounting bolt, then install them.
3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then tighten the bolts.
VTC Actuator Mounting Bolt:
12 x 1.25 mm
113 N-m (11.5 kgfm, 83 Ibf-ft)
Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Mounting Bolt:
72 N-m (7.3 kgfm, 53 Ibf-ft)
4. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
5. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
CMP Pulse Plate B Replacement1. Remove the cylinder head cover (see page 6-73). 2. Remove camshaft position (CMP) sensor B (see page 11-198). 3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the bolt. 4. Remov ...
Cylinder Head Inspection for Warpage1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76). 2. Inspect the camshaft (see page 6-84). 3. Check the cylinder head for warpage. Measure along the edges, and three ways across the center. - If ...
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Wear eye protection while cutting glass adhesive with a piano wire. - Use seat covers to avoid damaging any surfaces. - Glass adhesive can be ...
Replacing a Front Turn Signal/Parking Light Bulb
1. Open the hood. To change the turn signal bulb on the passenger’s side, remove the engine coolant reserve tank by pulling it out of its stay. Driver’s side on V6 models Remove t ...
Fuel Filter Replacement
The fuel filter should be replaced whenever the fuel pressure drops below the specified value (see page 11-308), after making sure that the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator are OK. 1. R ...