Honda Accord: ATF Level Check
NOTE: -Keep all foreign particles out of the transmission.
-Check the ATF level within 60вЂ”90 seconds after turning the engine off.
-Higher ATF level may be indicated if the radiator fan comes on twice or more.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground.
2. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on), and turn the engine off.
3. Remove the ATF dipstick (yellow loop) (A) from the transmission, and wipe it with a clean cloth.
4. Insert the dipstick into the transmission.
5. Remove the dipstick, and check the ATF level. It should be between the upper mark (A) and the lower mark (B).
6. If the ATF level Is below the lower mark, check for fluid leaks at the transmission, the ATF cooler hoses, the line joints, and the cooler lines. If a problem is found, fix it before filling the transmission with ATF.
NOTE: If the vehicle is driven when the ATF level is below the lower mark, one or more of these symptoms may occur: -Transmission damage.
-Vehicle does not move in any gear.
-Vehicle accelerates poorly, and flares when starting off in D and R.
-The engine vibrates at idle.
7. If the level is above the upper mark, drain the ATF to proper level (see step 3 on page 14-192).
NOTE: If the vehicle is driven when the ATF level is above the upper mark, the vehicle may creep forward in N, or have problems shifting.
8. If necessary, fill the transmission with ATF through the dipstick hole to bring the fluid level between the upper mark and the lower mark of the dipstick. Do not fill the fluid above the upper mark. Always use Honda ATF-Z1 automatic transmission fluid (ATF). Using a non-Honda ATF can affect shift quality.
9. Insert the dipstick (A) back into the transmission with the letters "ATF" pointing toward the front of the vehicle.
ATF Temperature Sensor Test/Replacement1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block both rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the splash shield. 3. Disc ...
ATF ReplacementNOTE: Keep all foreign particles out of the transmission. 1. Park the vehicle on level ground. 2. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on), and turn the en ...
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA ), aka Electronic Stability
Control (ESC), System
The vehicle stability assist (VSA) system helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while ac ...
Audio-HVAC Subdisplay Unit
With Navigation NOTE: вЂў Put on gloves to protect your hands. вЂў Take care not to scratch the dashboard. 1. Remove the dashboard center vent (see page 20-178). 2. Remove the screws, ...
Playing AM/FM Radio
• Preset Memory To store a station: 1. Tune to the selected station. 2. Press the MENU button. 3. Rotate to select Save Preset, then press . 4. Rotate to select the preset number you ...