Honda Accord: ATF Temperature Sensor Test/Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block both rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the splash shield.
3. Disconnect the shift solenoid wire harness connector.
Terminal side of female terminals
4. Measure the ATF temperature sensor resistance between shift solenoid wire harness connector terminals No. 6 and No. 7.
Standard: 50 0 - 2 5 k
-If the resistance is within the standard. The test is complete, reconnect the connector, then install the splash shield.
-If the resistance is out of the standard, goto step 5.
5. Remove the drain plug (A), and drain the ATF.
6. Reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer (B).
7. Remove the left front wheel.
8. Remove the shift solenoid valve cover (A), the dowel pins (B), and the gasket (C).
9. Remove the bolt securing the shift solenoid wire harness (A), then remove the shift solenoid wire harness (B) from the transmission housing.
10. Disconnect the connectors from the shift solenoid valves. Then replace the ATF temperature sensor and the O-ring (F) with new ones.
NOTE: The ATF temperature sensor is not available separately from the shift solenoid wire harness (Q).
11. Connect the shift solenoid valve connectors: -BLU wire connector to shift solenoid valve A.
-ORN wire connector to shift solenoid valve B.
-GRN wire connector to shift solenoid valve C.
-YEL, WHT, and WHT wire connector to shift solenoid valve D -RED wire connector to shift solenoid valve E.
12. Install a new gasket, the dowel pins, and the shift solenoid valve cover.
13. Check the connector for rust, dirt, or oil, and clean or repair if necessary, then connect the connector securely.
14. Refill the transmission with ATF (see step 4 on page 14-192).
15. Install the splash shield.
16. Install the left front wheel.
If a Child Requires Close Attention
Many parents say they prefer to put an infant or a small child in the front passenger seat so they can watch the child, or because the child requires attention. Placing a child in the front s ...
A/C Compressor Clutch Overhaul
Special Tools Required вЂў A/C Clutch Holder Robinair 10290 or Kent-Moore J37872, commercially available вЂў A/C Clutch Holder Honda Tool and Equipment ACT499A, commercially available 1. Re ...