Honda Accord: Valve Body Repair
NOTE: This repair is only necessary if one or more of the valves in a valve body do not slide smoothly in their bores. Use this procedure to free the valves.
1. Soak a sheet of #600 abrasive paper in ATF for about 30 minutes.
2. Carefully tap the valve body so the sticking valve drops out of its bore. It m a y be necessary to use a small screwdriver to pry the valve free. Be careful not to scratch the bore.
3. Inspect the valve for any scuff marks. Use the ATF-soaked #600 abrasive paper to polish off any burrs that are on the valve, then wash the valve in solvent and dry it with compressed air.
4. Roll up half a sheet of ATF-soaked #600 abrasive paper and insert it in the valve bore of the sticking valve.
Twist the paper slightly, so that it unrolls and fits the bore tightly, then polish the bore by twisting the paper as you push it in and out.
NOTE: The valve body is aluminum and does not require much polishing to remove any burrs.
5. Remove the #600 abrasive paper. Thoroughly wash the entire valve body in solvent, then dry it with compressed air.
6. Coat the valve with ATF, then drop it into its bore. It should drop to the bottom of the bore under its own weight. If not, repeat step 4, then retest. If the valve still sticks, replace the valve body.
7. Remove the valve, and thoroughly clean it and the valve body with solvent. Dry all parts with compressed air, then reassemble using ATF as a lubricant.
Gross VehicleWeight Rating (GVWR):
The maximum allowable weight of the vehicle, all occupants, all accessories, all cargo, and the tongue load is: U.S. models LX: 4,299 lbs (1,950 kg) EX and EX-L: 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) V6 mo ...
Open the glove box by pulling the handle to the left. Close it with a firm push. Lock or unlock the glove box with the master key. An open glove box can cause serious injury to your passe ...
Dashboard Side Vent
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE; - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related p ...