Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 1 st Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
Special Tools Required
Attachment, 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 1. Remove the secondary shaft transmission housing bearing (see page 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle b e a r i n g (A), the needle bearing (B), 1st gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer (E), the 1 st/3rd clutch (F), and the 3rd gear collar (G) on the secondary shaft (H). Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (I), then install the transmission housing bearing (J) on the idler gear using the 42 mm I.D. attachment and a press.
4. Install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L), then tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Turn the secondary shaft assembly upside down, and set a dial indicator (A) on 1st gear (B).
6. Lift 1st gear (A) up while holding the secondary shaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 1 st gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 1st gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 1st gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness.
9. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 40 x 51.5 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
Air Cleaner Element
Inspection / Replacement
1. Open the air cleaner housing cover (A). 2. Remove the air cleaner element (B) from the air cleaner housing (C). 3. Check the air cleaner element for damage or clogging. If it is damaged o ...
HFL Switch Removal/Installation
1. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 2. Remove the HFL switch (see page 17-7). 3. Install the HFL switch in the reverse order of removal. ...
Transmission Range Switch
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, or apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, and raise the front of the vehicle. Make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the left front wheel. 3. Mo ...