Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 1 st Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
Special Tools Required
Attachment, 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 1. Remove the secondary shaft transmission housing bearing (see page 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle b e a r i n g (A), the needle bearing (B), 1st gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer (E), the 1 st/3rd clutch (F), and the 3rd gear collar (G) on the secondary shaft (H). Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (I), then install the transmission housing bearing (J) on the idler gear using the 42 mm I.D. attachment and a press.
4. Install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L), then tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Turn the secondary shaft assembly upside down, and set a dial indicator (A) on 1st gear (B).
6. Lift 1st gear (A) up while holding the secondary shaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 1 st gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 1st gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 1st gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness.
9. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 40 x 51.5 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
DTC Troubleshooting Index
NOTE: The "x" at the end of each DTC denotes a numeric character (0 thru 9), or items with an asterisk (*) (0, 2 thru 9), or an alpha character (A thru F) that you will see on the HDS ...
Washer Reservoir Replacement
1. Remove the right inner fender (see page 20-290). 2. Disconnect the 2P connector(s) (A) from the washer motor (B) and the washer fluid level switch (Canada models). Washer Reservoir Capacity: ...
Rear Seat Armrest Replacement
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 4-door NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool s ...