Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Dashboard Center Vent
Removal / Installation
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 With Navigation Sf stem NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashb ...
Close and Lock the Doors
After everyone has entered the vehicle, be sure the doors are closed and locked. Your vehicle has a door and trunk open indicator on the instrument panel to indicate when a specific door ...
Power Steering Fluid
Check the level on the side of the reservoir when the engine is cold. The fluid should be between the UPPER LEVEL and LOWER LEVEL. If not, add power steering fluid to the UPPER LEVEL. Pou ...