Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Braking System Design
The hydraulic system that operates the brakes has two separate circuits. Each circuit works diagonally across the vehicle (the left-front brake is connected with the right-rear brake, etc.). ...
Shift Lock Stop/Shift Lock Stop Cushion
Type A Shift Lever 1. Remove the shift lock solenoid (see page 14-254). 2. Remove the shift lock stop (A) and the stop cushion (B) as a set. 3. Apply silicone grease to the pin (C) of the shif ...
CMP Pulse Plate B Replacement
1. Remove the cylinder head cover (see page 6-73). 2. Remove camshaft position (CMP) sensor B (see page 11-198). 3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the bolt. 4. Remov ...