Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Power Transistor Test
1. Remove the passenger's dashboard undercover (see page 20-170). 2. Disconnect the 4P connector from the power transistor. 3. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 3 and No. 4 of the ...
Throttle Body Test
Carbon Accumulation Check NOTE: If the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has been reported on, check for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). 1. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) l ...
Courtesy Light Replacement
1 Carefully pry off the lens (A) with a small screwdriver. Courtesy Light: 2 CP 2. Remove the bulb (B) from the socket. 3. Install the light in the reverse order of removal. ...