Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Passenger's Air Mix Control Motor
1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2, Disconnect the 4P connector (A) from the power transistor (B), and the 7P connector (C) from the passenger's air mix control motor (D). Remove the s ...
Label Locations These labels are in the locations shown. They warn you of potential hazards that can cause serious injury or death. Read these labels carefully. If a label comes off or becomes h ...
Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection,
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement 2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage. 3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scorin ...