Honda Accord: Idler Gear Shaft Removal and Installation
1. Remove the snap ring (A), the cotter retainer (B), and the 17 mm cotters (C). Do not distort the snap ring.
2. Remove the idler gear shaft/idler gear assembly (D) from the transmission housing.
3. Check the snap ring and the cotter retainer for wear and damage. Replace them if they are worn, distorted, or damaged.
4. Install the idler gear shaft/idler gear assembly in the reverse order of removal.
Steering Wheel Rotational Play Check
1. Set the front wheels in the straight ahead position. 2. Measure how far you can turn the steering wheel left and right without moving the front wheels. -If the play is within the limit, the ...
Cam Chain Installation
Special Tools Required Camshaft Lock Pin Set 07AAB-RWCA120 NOTE: - Keep the cam chain away from magnetic fields. - Before doing this procedure, check that the variable valve timing control (VTC ...
Valve Stem-to-Guide Clearance
1. Remove the valves (see page 6-86). 2. Subtract the O.D. of the valve stem, measured with a micrometer, from the I.D. of the valve guide, measured with an inside micrometer or a ball gauge. ...