Honda Accord: Fluid Replacement
Check the reservoir (A) at regular intervals, and add the recommended fluid as necessary. Always use Honda Power Steering Fluid. Using any other type of power steering fluid or automatic transmission fluid can cause increased wear, fluid leaks, and poor steering in cold weather.
NOTE; If the fluid is contaminated, the screen in the reservoir may be partially blocked. Inspect the reservoir screen for any debris. If the reservoir screen is clogged, replace the reservoir, and check for the source of the contamination.
1.05 L (1.11 US qt) at disassembly
0.32 L (0.34 US qt)
1. Remove the reservoir from its holder. Raise the reservoir, then disconnect the return hose (A) to drain the reservoir. Take care not to spill the fluid on the vehicle. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once.
NOTE: Inspect the reservoir screen for any debris. If the reservoir screen is clogged, replace the reservoir, and check for the source of the contamination.
2. Connect a hose (B) of suitable diameter to the disconnected return hose, and put the hose end in a suitable container.
3. Start the engine, let it run at idle, and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times. When fluid stops running out of the hose, shut off the engine.
Discard the fluid.
NOTE: Stop the engine immediately once the fluid stops running out of the hose to prevent pump damage.
4. Reinstall the return hose on the reservoir.
5. Fill the reservoir to the upper level line (C).
6. Start the engine, and run it at idle. Turn the steering from lock to lock several times to bleed air from the system.
7 Recheck the fluid level and, add some if necessary. Do not fill the reservoir beyond the upper level line.
8. If the fluid is contaminated, dark, or discolored, repeat the procedure as necessary until the system is clean.
Sound Quality Diagnosis
Special Tools Required Diagnostic CD 07AAZ-SDBA100 Use the following tests to check sound quality. NOTE: Before beginning the following tests, write down the customer's bass, treble, fader and b ...
4-door Model: ...
Hood Opener Cable Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts. - Take care not to kink the hood opener cable. 1. Remove these items: - Front grille c ...