Honda Accord: Stabilizer Link Removal/Installation
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13).
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. Remove the self-locking nut (A) and the flange nut (B) while holding the respective joint pin (C) with a hex wrench (D), then remove the stabilizer link (E).
4. Install the stabilizer link on the stabilizer bar (F) and * the lower arm (G) with the joint pins set at the center of their range of movement.
NOTE: The stabilizer link has a paint mark (H). The left stabilizer link is marked with yellow paint, and the right stabilizer link is marked with white paint.
5. Install the new self-locking nut and the new flange nut, and tighten them to the specified torque while holding the respective joint pin with a hex wrench.
6. Clean the mating surfaces of the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the front wheel.
7. Test-drive the vehicle.
8. After 5 minutes of driving, tighten the self-locking nut again to the specified torque.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that turns on every time you start the engine and monitors the pressure in your tires while driving. Each tire has its o ...
Synchro Sleeve and Hub Inspection and
1. Inspect the gear teeth on all synchro hubs and synchro sleeves for wear (rounded off corners). 2. Install each synchro hub (A) in its mating synchro sleeve (B), and check for free movement. Ma ...
Change the shift position in accordance with your driving needs. • Shift lever positions You cannot turn the ignition switch to LOCK and remove the key unless the shift lever is in . The ...