Honda Accord: Rewriting the ODO Data and Transferring the Maintenance Minder Data to a New Gauge Control Module
NOTE: вЂў Obtain a new gauge control module before starting the rewriting process. Only new gauges can be rewritten.
вЂў Rewriting is not possible on a gauge control module that will not communicate with the HDS.
вЂў Make sure that the HDS shows the correct VIN for the vehicle you are working on.
вЂў Once you have started this procedure, you must complete it before removing the HDS from the DLC.
вЂў Connect a jumper battery (do not connect a battery charger) to insure that correct battery voltage will be maintained.
1. Before replacing the gauge control module, connect the HDS.
2. Select GAUGES from t he BODY ELECTRICAL system select menu with the HDS.
3. Select Gauge Control Module Replacement (ODO Rewrite) from the ADJUSTMENT menu, and select READ OUT DATA, and save ODO value and smart maintenance data into the HDS.
4. Replace the gauge control module.
5. Select WRITE DATA and follow the instructions on the HDS display, and install the ODO value and smart maintenance data into the replacement gauge control module. If the data transfer fails, refer t o the instructions below t o release the locked ODO value.
How to release locked odometer mileage to the original gauge control module.
If, after you attempt to transfer mileage to a new gauge
assembly, the odometer display has dashes
garbled, or shows an incorrect value, the original gauge control module can be unlocked and restored to its original state In this way, it can be used again for additional attempts to transfer the mileage: 1. Confirm that you have the latest HDS version of software.
2. Make sure that the HDS shows the correct VIN for the vehicle you are working on.
3. With the ignition switch in LOCK (0), reconnect the original gauge control module.
4. Completely re-boot the HDS.
5. Clear any stored DTCs.
6. Navigate to BODY ELECTRIC/GAUGES/GAUGE CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT (ODO REWRITE, etc.).
7. Select 3. RELEASING LOCKED ODO VALUE.
8. Follow the prompts and the odometer mileage will be restored.
9. Start over and make sure the screen prompts are followed.
Power Window Master Switch Input
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex Integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), open and clos ...
Cam Chain Case Oil Seal
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 Attachment, 52 x 55 mm 07746-0010400 1. Clean and dry the crankshaft oil seal. 2. Apply a light coat of new engine oil to the lip of ...
1. Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114). 2. Remove the screw and harness cover (A). 3. Disconnect the interface dial connector (A). Remove the screws and interface dial (B). NOTE: If the ...