Honda Accord: Rear Brake Caliper Overhaul
Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health.
- Avoid breathing dust particles.
- Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake assemblies. Use an OSHA-approved vacuum cleaner.
Remove, disassemble, inspect, reassemble, and install the caliper, and note these items: NOTE: Make sure that the caliper pins are installed correctly. Upper caliper pin A and lower caliper pin B are different. If these caliper pins are installed in the wrong location, it will cause vibration, uneven or rapid brake pad wear, and possibly uneven tire wear.
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint. If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- To prevent dripping brake fluid, cover disconnected hose joints with clean rags or shop towels.
- Clean all parts in brake fluid and air dry; blow out all passages with compressed air.
- Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles, e Replace parts with new ones as specified in the illustration.
- !Y!2ke sure no dirt or other foreign matter gets in the brake fluid.
- Make sure no grease or oil gets on the brake discs or the pads.
- When reusing brake pads, always reinstall them in their original positions to prevent loss of braking efficiency.
- Do not reuse drained brake fluid. Use only new Honda DOT 3 Brake Fluid from an unopened container. Using a non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system.
- Coat the piston, the piston seal groove, and the caliper bore with clean brake fluid.
- Use recommended greases in the rear caliper set.
- After installing the caliper, check the brake hose and line for leaks, interference, and twisting.
HFL Buttons HFL Talk button - Press and release to give a command or answer a call. HFL Back button - Press and release to end a call, go back to the previous command, or cancel the comman ...
Heating and Cooling System*/ClimateControl System* Maintenance
Dust and Pollen Filter The heating and cooling system*/climate control system* is equipped with a dust and pollen filter that collects pollen, dust, and other debris in the air. The Maintenance ...
Exhaust Pipe and Muffler Replacement
NOTE: Use new gaskets and self-locking nuts when reassembling. ...