Honda Accord: Block and Piston inspection
1. Remove the crankshaft and the pistons (see page 7-14).
2. Check the piston for distortion or cracks.
3. Measure the piston diameter at a point 13 mm (0.5 in) from the bottom of the skirt. There are two standard-size pistons (No Letter or A, and B). The letter is stamped on the top of the piston. Letters are also stamped on the engine block as the cylinder bore sizes.
Piston Skirt Diameter
No Letter (or A): 86.980-вЂќ86.990 mm
B: 86.970-вЂќ86.980 mm
No Letter (or A): 86.930 mm (3.4224 in)
B: 86.920 mm (3.4220 in)
Oversize Piston Skirt Diameter
0.25: 87.230-87.240 mm (3.4342 -3.4346 in)
4. Measure the wear and taper in direction X and Y at three levels inside each cylinder as shown. If the measurements in any cylinder are beyond the Oversize Bore Service Limit, replace the engine block.
If the engine block is being rebored, refer to step 7 after reboring.
Cylinder Bore Size
A or I- 87.010-87.020 mm
B or II: 87.000-87.010 mm
Service Limit: 87.070 mm (3.4279 in)
0.25: 87.250-87.260 mm (3.4350-3.4354 in) Reboring Limit: 0.25 mm (0.010 in) max.
Limit (Difference between first 0.02 mm (0.001 in) and third measurement):
5. Scored or scratched cylinder bores must be honed.
6. Check the top of the engine block for warpage.
Measure along the edges and across the center as shown.
Engine Block Warpage
Standard (New); 0.07 mm (0.003 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.10 mm (0.004 in)
7. Calculate the difference between the cylinder bore diameter and the piston diameter. If the clearance is near or exceeds the service limit, inspect the piston and the cylinder bore for excessive wear.
Piston-to-Cylinder Bore Clearance
Standard (New): 0.020-вЂќ0.040 mm
Service Limit: 0.05 mm (0.002 in)
Playing a CD
Your audio system supports audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs in either MP3, WMA, or AAC*1 format. With the CD loaded, select the CD mode. • How to Select a File from the Music Search List (MP3/WMA/ ...
Cable Reel Replacement
Removal 1. Make sure t h e f r o n t w h e e l s are a l i g n e d straight ahead. 2. Do t h e b a t t e r y t e r m i n a l d i s c o n n e c t i o n procedure (see page 22-91), t h e n w a i ...