Honda Accord: Block and Piston inspection
1. Remove the crankshaft and the pistons (see page 7-14).
2. Check the piston for distortion or cracks.
3. Measure the piston diameter at a point 13 mm (0.5 in) from the bottom of the skirt. There are two standard-size pistons (No Letter or A, and B). The letter is stamped on the top of the piston. Letters are also stamped on the engine block as the cylinder bore sizes.
Piston Skirt Diameter
No Letter (or A): 86.980-вЂќ86.990 mm
B: 86.970-вЂќ86.980 mm
No Letter (or A): 86.930 mm (3.4224 in)
B: 86.920 mm (3.4220 in)
Oversize Piston Skirt Diameter
0.25: 87.230-87.240 mm (3.4342 -3.4346 in)
4. Measure the wear and taper in direction X and Y at three levels inside each cylinder as shown. If the measurements in any cylinder are beyond the Oversize Bore Service Limit, replace the engine block.
If the engine block is being rebored, refer to step 7 after reboring.
Cylinder Bore Size
A or I- 87.010-87.020 mm
B or II: 87.000-87.010 mm
Service Limit: 87.070 mm (3.4279 in)
0.25: 87.250-87.260 mm (3.4350-3.4354 in) Reboring Limit: 0.25 mm (0.010 in) max.
Limit (Difference between first 0.02 mm (0.001 in) and third measurement):
5. Scored or scratched cylinder bores must be honed.
6. Check the top of the engine block for warpage.
Measure along the edges and across the center as shown.
Engine Block Warpage
Standard (New); 0.07 mm (0.003 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.10 mm (0.004 in)
7. Calculate the difference between the cylinder bore diameter and the piston diameter. If the clearance is near or exceeds the service limit, inspect the piston and the cylinder bore for excessive wear.
Piston-to-Cylinder Bore Clearance
Standard (New): 0.020-вЂќ0.040 mm
Service Limit: 0.05 mm (0.002 in)
CMP Pulse Plate A Replacement
1. Remove the cylinder head cover (see page 6-73). 2. Remove camshaft position (CMP) sensor A (see page 11-274). 3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the bolt. 4. Remov ...
Brake Hose Replacement
NOTE; - Before reassembling, cheek that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles. - Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so. - Do not spill brake fluid on the ve ...
Center Console Panel
Removal / Installation
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE; - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not t ...