Honda Accord: Crankshaft Inspection
Out-of-Round and Taper
1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30).
3. Clean the crankshaft oil passages with pipe cleaners or a suitable brush.
4. Clean the keyway and threads, and check for damage.
5. Measure the out-of-round at the middle of each rod and the main journal in two places. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New); 0.004 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
6. Measure the taper at the edges of each rod and the main journal. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New): 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
7. Place the V-blocks on a flat surface.
8. Check the total runout with the crankshaft supported on V-blocks.
9. Measure the runout on all main journals. Rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Crankshaft Total Runout
Standard (New): 0.03 mm (0.001 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.04 mm (0.002 in)
Exhaust Gas Hazard
Carbon Monoxide Gas The engine exhaust from this vehicle contains carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, and highly toxic gas. As long as you properly maintain your vehicle, carbon monoxide ga ...
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
Instead of directly measuring the pressure in each tire, the TPMS on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tire while you are dri ...
Check Fuel Cap Message
Your vehicle’s onboard diagnostic system will detect a loose or missing fuel fill cap as an evaporative system leak. The first time a leak is detected a ‘‘CHECK FUEL CAP’’ message ...