Honda Accord: Crankshaft Inspection
Out-of-Round and Taper
1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30).
3. Clean the crankshaft oil passages with pipe cleaners or a suitable brush.
4. Clean the keyway and threads, and check for damage.
5. Measure the out-of-round at the middle of each rod and the main journal in two places. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New); 0.004 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
6. Measure the taper at the edges of each rod and the main journal. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New): 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
7. Place the V-blocks on a flat surface.
8. Check the total runout with the crankshaft supported on V-blocks.
9. Measure the runout on all main journals. Rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Crankshaft Total Runout
Standard (New): 0.03 mm (0.001 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.04 mm (0.002 in)
Manual transmission only The fluid level should be between theMINandMAXmarks on the side of the reservoir. If it is not, add brake fluid to bring it up to that level. Use the same fluid spec ...
Shift Fork Clearance Inspection
1. Measure the clearance between each shift fork (A) and its matching synchro sleeve (B). If the clearance exceeds the service limit, go to step 2. Standard: 0.35-0.65 mm (0.014-0.026 inj Service ...
Types of Airbags
Your vehicle is equipped with three types of airbags: • Front airbags: Airbags in front of the driver's and front passenger's seats. • Side airbags: Airbags in the driver's and front passenge ...