Honda Accord: Rack Guide Adjustment
Special Tools Required
Locknut Wrench, 40 mm 07MAA-SL00100 or Locknut Wrench, 41 mm 07916-SA50001
1. Set the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
2. Loosen the rack guide screw locknut (A) with the locknut wrench, then remove the rack guide screw (B).
3. Remove the old sealant from the rack guide screw (A), and apply new sealant (Three Bond 1215 or Loctite 5699) to the middle of the threads (B). Loosely install the rack guide screw on the steering gearbox.
NOTE; If more than 5 minutes have passed after applying the sealant, remove the old sealant and residue, and reapply new sealant.
4. Tighten the rack guide screw (A) to 25 N-m (2.5 kgfm, 18 Ibf-ft), then loosen it.
5. Retighten the rack guide screw to 3.9 N-m (0.4 kgf-m, 2.9 Ibf-ft), then back it off to the specified angle.
Specified return angle: 15+5 В°
6. Hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench, and tighten the locknut by hand until it's fully seated.
7. Install the locknut wrench on the locknut (B), and hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench.
Tighten the locknut to the specified torque.
8. Check for unusual steering effort through the complete turning range.
9. Check the steering wheel rotation play (see page 17-4) and the power assist (see page 17-4).
Steering Lock Replacement1. Remove the steering column (see page 17-10). 2. Center-punch both of the two shear bolts, and drill their heads off with a 5 mm (0.20 in) drill bit. Be careful not to damage the steering lock ...
Tie-rod End Ball Joint Boot ReplacementSpecial Tools Required Bearing Driver Attachment, 36 07965-SA50500 1 Disconnect the tie-rod end ball joint from the knuckle (see step 26 on page 17-41). 2. Remove the tie-rod end from the rack e ...
EVAP Canister Vent Shut Valve
1 o Disconnect the EVAP canister vent shut valve 2P connector (A). 2. Remove the cap (B). 3. Remove the EVAP canister vent shut valve (C). 4. Install the parts in the reverse order of remova ...
Compass Zone Selection
1. Set the power mode to ON. 2. On the top screen of any audio source, press and hold for 5 seconds. - The display switches to the Compass Settings screen. 3. Rotate to sele ...