Honda Accord: Rack Guide Adjustment
Special Tools Required
Locknut Wrench, 40 mm 07MAA-SL00100 or Locknut Wrench, 41 mm 07916-SA50001
1. Set the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
2. Loosen the rack guide screw locknut (A) with the locknut wrench, then remove the rack guide screw (B).
3. Remove the old sealant from the rack guide screw (A), and apply new sealant (Three Bond 1215 or Loctite 5699) to the middle of the threads (B). Loosely install the rack guide screw on the steering gearbox.
NOTE; If more than 5 minutes have passed after applying the sealant, remove the old sealant and residue, and reapply new sealant.
4. Tighten the rack guide screw (A) to 25 N-m (2.5 kgfm, 18 Ibf-ft), then loosen it.
5. Retighten the rack guide screw to 3.9 N-m (0.4 kgf-m, 2.9 Ibf-ft), then back it off to the specified angle.
Specified return angle: 15+5 В°
6. Hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench, and tighten the locknut by hand until it's fully seated.
7. Install the locknut wrench on the locknut (B), and hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench.
Tighten the locknut to the specified torque.
8. Check for unusual steering effort through the complete turning range.
9. Check the steering wheel rotation play (see page 17-4) and the power assist (see page 17-4).
Intermediate Shaft Disassembly
Special Tools Required вЂўHalf Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101 -Oil Seal Driver, 44.5 mm 07947-SB00100 1. Remove the heat shield (A). 3. Press the intermediate shaft (A) out of the intermediate s ...
Roof Molding Replacement
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool S e t SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 Molding Replacement NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your han ...
To Stop Playing a Disc
Press the eject button ( ) to remove the disc. If you eject the disc, but do not remove it from the slot, the system will automatically reload the disc after 10 seconds and begin playing. ...