Honda Accord: Rack Guide Adjustment
Special Tools Required
Locknut Wrench, 40 mm 07MAA-SL00100 or Locknut Wrench, 41 mm 07916-SA50001
1. Set the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
2. Loosen the rack guide screw locknut (A) with the locknut wrench, then remove the rack guide screw (B).
3. Remove the old sealant from the rack guide screw (A), and apply new sealant (Three Bond 1215 or Loctite 5699) to the middle of the threads (B). Loosely install the rack guide screw on the steering gearbox.
NOTE; If more than 5 minutes have passed after applying the sealant, remove the old sealant and residue, and reapply new sealant.
4. Tighten the rack guide screw (A) to 25 N-m (2.5 kgfm, 18 Ibf-ft), then loosen it.
5. Retighten the rack guide screw to 3.9 N-m (0.4 kgf-m, 2.9 Ibf-ft), then back it off to the specified angle.
Specified return angle: 15+5 В°
6. Hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench, and tighten the locknut by hand until it's fully seated.
7. Install the locknut wrench on the locknut (B), and hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench.
Tighten the locknut to the specified torque.
8. Check for unusual steering effort through the complete turning range.
9. Check the steering wheel rotation play (see page 17-4) and the power assist (see page 17-4).
Before you begin driving your vehicle, you should know what gasoline to use and how to check the levels of important fluids. You also need to know how to properly store luggage or packages. ...
Using the Remote Transmitter
Press the trunk release button for approximately one second to unlock and open the trunk. ...
Radio Theft Protection
Your vehicle’s audio system may disable itself if it is disconnected from electrical power for any reason. To make it work again, you must enter a specific five-digit code with the preset b ...