Honda Accord: Tie-rod End Ball Joint Boot Replacement
Special Tools Required
Bearing Driver Attachment, 36 07965-SA50500
1 Disconnect the tie-rod end ball joint from the knuckle (see step 26 on page 17-41).
2. Remove the tie-rod end from the rack end.
3. Remove the ball joint boot from the tie-rod end, and wipe the old grease off the ball pin.
4. Pack the lower area of the ball pin (A) with fresh multipurpose grease.
5. Pack the interior of the new ball joint boot (B) and lip (C) with fresh multipurpose grease.
Note these items when installing new grease: -Keep grease off the boot mounting area (D) and the tapered section (E) of the ball pin.
-Do not allow dust, dirt, or other foreign materials to enter the boot.
6. Install the ball joint boot (A) using the bearing driver attachment. The boot must not have a gap at the boot installation sections (B). After installing the boot, check the ball pin tapered section for grease contamination, and wipe it if necessary.
7. Install the tie-rod end to the rack end.
8. Connect the tie-rod end ball joint to the knuckle (see step 32 on page 17-64).
9. Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary (see page 18-5).
Rack Guide AdjustmentSpecial Tools Required Locknut Wrench, 40 mm 07MAA-SL00100 or Locknut Wrench, 41 mm 07916-SA50001 1. Set the front wheels in the straight ahead position. 2. Loosen the rack guide screw locknut ( ...
Gearbox Mount Cushion Replacement1. Remove the steering gearbox (see page 17-37). 2. Position a 40 mm socket (A) on the flange part of the gearbox housing with a washer (B), a 10 x 150 mm flange bolt (C), and a 10 mm nut (D) as ...
Mode Control Motor Replacement
1. Remove the blower unit (see page 21-65). 2. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the mode control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the mode control motor from the heater unit. ...
Starting the Engine
1. Apply the parking brake. 2. In cold weather, turn off all electrical accessories to reduce the drain on the battery. 3. Manual transmission: Press the clutch pedal down all the way. The ST ...
• Use only high-quality CD-R or CD-RW discs labeled for audio use. • Use only CD-R or CD-RW discs on which the recordings are closed. • Play only standard round-shaped CDs. • CDs with M ...