Honda Accord: Gearbox Mount Cushion Replacement
1. Remove the steering gearbox (see page 17-37).
2. Position a 40 mm socket (A) on the flange part of the gearbox housing with a washer (B), a 10 x 150 mm flange bolt (C), and a 10 mm nut (D) as shown.
3. Hold the flange bolt with a wrench, and tighten the nut with a wrench. Remove the gearbox mount cushion ( E ) .
4. Apply a mild soap and water solution to the new gearbox mount cushion surface (A), then place the mount cushon on the gearbox mounting cushion hole.
5. Position a 40 mm socket on the flange part of the gearbox housing with a washer, a flange bolt, and a nut as shown.
6. Install the gearbox mount cushion by tightening the nut until the mount cushion edge (A) properly fits on the gearbox flange surface (B).
7. Install the steering gearbox (see page 17-60).