Honda Accord: Steering Lock Replacement
1. Remove the steering column (see page 17-10).
2. Center-punch both of the two shear bolts, and drill their heads off with a 5 mm (0.20 in) drill bit. Be careful not to damage the steering lock when removing the shear bolts.
3. Remove the shear bolts from the steering lock, then remove the steering lock.
4. Remove the immobilizer-keyless control unit from the steering lock, then install it on the new steering lock (see page 22-440)..
5. Install the steering lock without the key inserted.
6. Loosely tighten the new shear bolts.
7. Insert the ignition key, and check for proper operation of the steering wheel lock and that the ignition key turns freely.
8. Tighten the shear bolts (A) until the hex heads (B) twist off.
9. Install the steering column (see page 17-12).
10. Rewrite all new keys to the immobilizer-keyless control unit (see page 22-439), and make sure the immobilizer system works properly.
Interior Light Switch
With moonroof NOTE: The Interior light switch is built into the moonroof switch, and it switches the front individual map light OFF and DOOR positions. 1. Remove the front individual map lights ...
The lap/shoulder belt goes over your shoulder, across your chest, and across your hips. To fasten the belt, insert the latch plate into the buckle, then tug on the belt to make sure the buckl ...
Driver's Seat Position Sensor Operation Check
Check the driver's seat position sensor after driver's seat position sensor replacement. 1. Make sure the driver's seat is all the way forward position. 2. Make sure the ignition switch is in L ...