Honda Accord: Piston, Pin, and Confyssfeg EQC Replacement
1. Remove the piston from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Apply new engine oil to the piston pin snap rings (A), and turn them in the ring grooves until the end gaps are lined up with the cutouts in the piston pin bores (B).
NOTE: Take care not to damage the ring grooves.
3. Remove both snap rings. Start at the cutout in the piston pin bore. Remove the snap rings carefully so they do not go flying or get lost. Wear eye protection.
4. Heat the piston and the connecting rod assembly to about 158 Р’В°F (70 Р’В°C), then remove the piston pin.
NOTE: Inspect the piston, the piston pin, and the connecting rod when they are at room temperature.
1. Measure the diameter of the piston pin.
Piston Pin Diameter
Standard (New): 21.961 -21.965 mm
Service Limit: 21.953 mm (0.8643 in)
3. Check the difference between the piston pin diameter and the piston pin hole diameter in the piston.
Piston Pin-to-Piston Clearance
Standard (New): -0.005-вЂќ0.002 mm
Service L i m i t : 0.005 mm (0.0002 in)
4. Measure the piston pin-to-connecting rod clearance.
Piston Pin-to-Connecting Rod Clearance
Standard (New): 0.005-вЂќ0.015 mm
Service Limit: 0.02 mm (0.001 in)
1. Install a piston pin snap ring (A).
2. Coat the piston pin bore in the piston, the bore in the connecting rod, and the piston pin with new engine oil.
3. Heat the piston to about 158 Р’В°F (70 Р’В°C).
4. Assemble the piston (A) and the connecting rod (B) with the arrow (C) and the embossed mark (D) on the same side. Install the piston pin (E).
5. Install the remaining snap ring (F).
8. Turn the snap rings in the ring grooves until the end gaps are positioned at the bottom of the piston.
Cf Hinder Bore HoningOnly a scored or scratched cylinder bore must be honed. 1. Measure the cylinder bores (see page 7-17). If the engine block is to be reused, hone the cylinders, and remeasure the bores. 2. Re ...
Piston Ring Replacement1. Remove the piston from the engine block (see page 7-14). 2. Using a ring expander (A), remove the old piston rings (B). 3. Clean all ring grooves thoroughly with a squared-off broken ring ...
Playing Bluetooth® Audio
Your audio system allows you to listen to music from your Bluetooth®-compatible phone. This function is available when the phone is paired and connected to the vehicle's Bluetooth® HandsFre ...
Your safety, and the safety of others, is very important. To help you make informed decisions, we have provided safety messages, and other safety information throughout this manual. Of course, it ...
Glove Box Lock Cylinder Replacement
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the glove box. 1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2. While lifting the glove box handle (A), pull out one end of the retainer (B) with a hook-shaped tool ...