Honda Accord: Navigation Unit Removal/Installation
NOTE: вЂў Before you replace the navigation unit, back-up the customer data using system diagnostic mode Save Users Memory under the Functional Set up (see page 23-186).
вЂў Ifthe navigation unit is replaced or disconnected, a Map Matching must be done (see page 23-133).
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Eject the DVD from the original navigation unit (see page 23-237). To avoid scratching or damaging the DVD, temporarily place the DVD in a jewel case.
NOTE: If the DVD does not eject, refer to symptom troubleshooting Navigation unit does not eject or accept the navigation DVD.
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Remove the four bolts (A) from the navigation unit (B).
7. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then reinstall the customer's original navigation DVD, verifying that the DVD is free of scratches or smudges.
8. Check any official Honda service website for more service information about patches for the navigation system. Apply any prescribed patches to the new navigation unit.
NOTE: Simply transferring the navigation DVD from the original navigation unit to the new navigation unit does not assure the correct software for the vehicle will be loaded into the new navigation unit. Doing the navigation DVD transfer without doing software patches may cause the new navigation unit to appear to be malfunctioning.
9. Enter the new navigation anti-theft code.
10. Park the vehicle outside, and do the GPS initialization (see page 23-132).
11. Give the new navigation anti-theft code to the customer.
Electrical Compass Zone Selection
NOTE: вЂў You should do this procedure any time the electrical compass unit is replaced. вЂў You should do this procedure in an open area away from buildings, power lines, and other vehicl ...
MAF Sensor/IAT Sensor Replacement
1. Disconnect the MAF sensor/IAT sensor connector (A). 2. Remove the screws (B). 3. Remove the MAF sensor/IAT sensor (C). 4. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ri ...
Although this seems like a simple procedure, you should take several precautions. A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby. Ke ...