Honda Accord: If the Brake System Indicator (Red)Comes On
• Reasons for the indicator to come on
• The brake fluid is low.
• There is a malfunction in the brake system.
• What to do when the indicator comes on while driving
Press the brake pedal lightly to check pedal pressure.
• If normal, check the brake fluid level the next time you stop.
• If abnormal, take immediate action. If necessary, downshift the transmission to slow the vehicle using engine braking.
Have your vehicle repaired immediately.
It is dangerous to drive with low brake fluid. If there is no resistance from the brake pedal, stop immediately in a safe place. If necessary downshift the gears.
If the brake system indicator and ABS indicator come on simultaneously, the electronic brake distribution system is not working. This can result in vehicle instability under sudden braking.
Have your vehicle inspected by a dealer immediately.
If the Malfunction Indicator LampComes On or Blinks• Reasons for the indicator lamp to come on or blink • Comes on when there is a problem with the engine emissions control system, or the fuel fill cap is missing, or loose. • Blinks when ...
If the EPS System Indicator Comes On• Reasons for the indicator to come on • Comes on when there is a problem with the EPS system. • If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the eng ...
The maximum load for your vehicle is 850 lbs (385 kg). See Tire And Loading Information label attached to the driver’s doorjamb. Label Example This figure includes the total weight of a ...
HFL Switch Test
1. Remove the driver's airbag (see page 24-211) 2. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 3. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 3 and No. 4 in each switch position according to the ...