Honda Accord: If the EPS System Indicator Comes On
• Reasons for the indicator to come on
• Comes on when there is a problem with the EPS system.
• If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the engine is idling, the indicator comes on, and sometimes the steering wheel becomes harder to operate.
• What to do when the indicator comes on
Stop the vehicle in a safe place and restart the engine.
If the indicator comes on and stays on, immediately have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.
If you repeatedly turn the steering wheel at an extremely low speed, or hold the steering wheel on the full left or right position for a while, the system heats up. The system goes into a protective mode, and limits its performance. The steering wheel becomes harder and harder to operate. Once the system cools down, EPS is restored. Repeated operation under these conditions can eventually damage the system.
If the Brake System Indicator (Red)Comes On• Reasons for the indicator to come on • The brake fluid is low. • There is a malfunction in the brake system. • What to do when the indicator comes on while driving Press the brake ped ...
If the Low Tire Pressure/TPMS IndicatorComes On or Blinks• Reasons for the indicator to come on or blink A tire pressure is significantly low, or the TPMS has not been calibrated. If there is a problem with the TPMS or the compact spare tire is inst ...
Front Airbags (SRS)
The front SRS airbags inflate in a moderate-to-severe frontal collision to help protect the head and chest of the driver and/or front passenger. SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) indicates that ...
The information display shows the odometer, trip meter, engine oil life and maintenance service item codes, and other gauges. • Switching the Display Press the (Select/Reset) knob to change th ...
FTP Sensor Replacement
1. Remove the bolt (A), and disconnect the EVAP canister vent shut valve 2P connector (B), the FTP sensor 3P connector (C), and the hoses (D). 2. Remove the bolts (E), and move the EVAP canister ...