Honda Accord: If the EPS System Indicator Comes On
• Reasons for the indicator to come on
• Comes on when there is a problem with the EPS system.
• If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the engine is idling, the indicator comes on, and sometimes the steering wheel becomes harder to operate.
• What to do when the indicator comes on
Stop the vehicle in a safe place and restart the engine.
If the indicator comes on and stays on, immediately have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.
If you repeatedly turn the steering wheel at an extremely low speed, or hold the steering wheel on the full left or right position for a while, the system heats up. The system goes into a protective mode, and limits its performance. The steering wheel becomes harder and harder to operate. Once the system cools down, EPS is restored. Repeated operation under these conditions can eventually damage the system.
Airbag System Indicators
If a problem occurs in the airbag system, the SRS indicator will come on and a message appears on the multi-information display*. • SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) Indicator • When the i ...
Navigation Display Unit
1 Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114), then remove the center display visor (see page 20-171). 2. Remove the screws and bolts (A), then pull out the navigation display unit (B). 3. Install ...
Starting the Engine
1. Apply the parking brake. 2. In cold weather, turn off all electrical accessories to reduce the drain on the battery. 3. Manual transmission: Press the clutch pedal down all the way. The ST ...