Honda Accord: If the EPS System Indicator Comes On
• Reasons for the indicator to come on
• Comes on when there is a problem with the EPS system.
• If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the engine is idling, the indicator comes on, and sometimes the steering wheel becomes harder to operate.
• What to do when the indicator comes on
Stop the vehicle in a safe place and restart the engine.
If the indicator comes on and stays on, immediately have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.
If you repeatedly turn the steering wheel at an extremely low speed, or hold the steering wheel on the full left or right position for a while, the system heats up. The system goes into a protective mode, and limits its performance. The steering wheel becomes harder and harder to operate. Once the system cools down, EPS is restored. Repeated operation under these conditions can eventually damage the system.
DTC indicator 1: An Open in the Air Mix Control Motor Circuit 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and then to ON (II). 2. Do the self-diagnostic function with the HVAC control unit (see pa ...
Master Cylinder Inspection
1. Remove the master cylinder (see page 19-26). 2. Inspect and note these items: - Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles. - Do not try to disas ...
Daytime Running Lights
With the headlight switch off or in the position, the high beam headlights and the high beam indicator come on with reduced brightness when you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) po ...