Honda Accord: Function Test
NOTE; вЂў With climate control: Before testing, troubleshoot the B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134).
вЂў Before testing, check the No. 4 (40 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box and the No. 16 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
вЂў Be careful not to scratch or damage the defogger wires with the tester probe.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then turn the rear window defogger switch ON.
2. Measure the voltage between the positive terminal (A) and body ground. There should be battery voltage.
вЂў If there is no voltage, check for:
- Faulty climate control unit, driver's climate control switch ('10 model), passenger's climate control switch ('08-09 models), or HVAC control unit.
- An open or high resistance in the GRN wire to the positive terminal.
вЂў If there is voltage, go to step 3.
3. Measure the voltage between the negative terminal (B) and body ground. There should be less than 0.2 V.
If there is greater than 0.2 V, check for an open in the BLK wire or poor ground (G801). If there is 0.2 V or less, go to step 4.
4. Touch the voltmeter positive probe along each defogger wire, and the negative probe to the negative terminal.
вЂў If the voltage is as specified, the defogger wire up to that point is OK.
вЂў If the voltage is not as specified, repair the defogger wire.
- If voltage is more than specified at one of the points, there is a break in the negative half of the wire.
- If voltage is less than specified at one of the points, there is a break in the positive half of the wire.
Circuit Diagram'10 model w i t h navigation system '08-09 models with navigation system Without navigation system with climate control system With HVAC control system ...
Defogger Wire RepairNOTE: To make an effective repair, the broken section must be no longer than 1.0 in (25 mm). 1. Lightly rub the area around the broken section (A) with fine steel wool, then clean it with isoprop ...
Synchro Sleeve and Hub Inspection and
1. Inspect the gear teeth on all synchro hubs and synchro sleeves for wear (rounded off corners). 2. Install each synchro hub (A) in its mating synchro sleeve (B), and check for free movement. Ma ...
Front Passenger's Power Window
With AUTO UP/AUTO DOWN function Motor Test 1. Remove the front passenger's power window switch: вЂў 4-door (see page 22-306) вЂў 2-door (see page 22-307) 2. Test the motor in each direction ...
Battery Terminal Disconnection and
Disconnection NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following procedures before disconnecting the battery, 1. Make sure you have the anti-th ...