Honda Accord: Front Door Outer Molding Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - If you remove the door outer molding, replace it with a new one because it will bend during removal.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
1 . Remove the power mirror (see page 20-62).
2. Detach the clip with a clip lemover, then pulf back the door weatherstrip (A), and remove the screw securing the door outer molding (B).
3. Pull out the upper edge of the door outer molding (A) from the edge of the sash, and cut the double-sided adhesive tape (B) with a utility knife, then remove the molding from the sash, and remove the molding from between the door glass outer weatherstrip (C) and the door.
4. Scrape off remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the sash, then clean the sash surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol.
5. Install the door outer molding in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Insert the front edge of the molding between the door glass outer weatherstrip and the door properly.
- Push adhesive areas into place securely.
- Make sure the upper and lower sides of the molding are catching the edges of the sash properly.
- Push the clip into place securely.
Front Door Glass Outer Weatherstrip ReplacementNOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the door. 1. Remove t h e s e Items: - Door panel - 2-door (see page 20-12) - 4-door (see page 20-17) - Plastic cover ...
Front Door Weatherstrip ReplacementNOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the door. - Take care not to damage the front upper corner clip (black) (4-door) and the rear upper corner clips (black) ...
Gross AxleWeight Rating (GAWR):
The maximum allowable weight at the vehicle axles is: U.S. models LX: 2,337 lbs (1,060 kg) on the front axle 2,006 lbs (910 kg) on the rear axle EX and EX-L: 2,414 lbs (1,095 kg) on the fro ...
Check the following items before you start driving. • Exterior Checks • Make sure there are no obstructions on the windows, door mirrors, exterior lights, or other parts of the vehicle. &nbs ...