Honda Accord: Closing Force and Opening Drag Check
1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140).
2. Closing force check: - Cover the leading edge of the glass (A) with a shop towel (B), and attach a spring scale (C) as shown.
- Have an assistant hold the switch to close the glass while you measure the force required to stop it.
- Read the force as soon as the glass stops moving, then immediately release the switch and a spring scale.
Closing force: 200-290 N (20-30 kgf, 4 4 - 6 6 ibf)
3. If the force in not within specification, remove the moonroof motor ( s e e page 20-96), and check the following items: - Check the gear teeth and the inner cable for breakage or damage. If the gear teeth-are broken, replace the motor. If the inner cable is damaged, remove the frame (see page 20-97), and replace the cable (see page 20-100).
- Check the moonroof motor (see page 22-373). If the motor fails to run or does not turn smoothly, replace it with a new one.
- Check the opening drag. Go to step 4.
4. Opening drag check: Cover the leading edge of the glass with a shop towel (A). Measure the effort required to open the glass with a spring scale (B) as shown.
5. If the load is over 40 N (4 kgf, 9 Ibf), check: - The side clearance and glass position adjustment (see page 20-91).
- For broken or damaged sliding parts. If any sliding parts are damaged, replace them.
6. Reset the moonroof control unit (see page 22-371) after reinstalling the moonroof motor.
Drain Channel Slider and Cable Assembly ReplacementNOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. 1. Remove these items: . - Headliner (see page 20-140) - Moonroof glass (see page 20-91) 2. Remove the frame (see page 20-97). 3. Remove these par ...
Check the reservoir (A) at regular intervals, and add the recommended fluid as necessary. Always use Honda Power Steering Fluid. Using any other type of power steering fluid or automatic transmissi ...
Front Bumper Fog Light Cover
2-door NOTE; Take care not to scratch the front bumper. 1. Remove the front bumper (see page 20-255). 2. Remove the screws (A, B), then remove the front bumper fog light cover (C) from the fro ...
Automatic Seat Belt Tensioners
For added protection, the front seat belts are equipped with automatic seat belt tensioners. When activated, the tensioners immediately tighten the belts to help hold the driver and a fron ...