Honda Accord: Carrier Bearing Outer Race Replacement
Special Tools Required
-Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000
-Attachment, 78 x 80 mm 07NAD-PX40100
-Attachment, 72 x 75 mm 07746-0010600
NOTE: -The bearing and the bearing outer race should be replaced as a set.
-Replace the bearing with a new one whenever the outer race is replaced.
-Do not use the thrust shim from the torque converter housing.
-Adjust bearing preload after replacing the bearing and the outer race.
-Cost all parts with ATF during installation.
1. Remove the hearing cuter race (A), the 76.2 mm thrust washer (B), and the 76 mm thrust shim (C) from the transmission housing (D) by heating the transmission housing to about 212 В°F (100 В°C) using a heat gun (E). Do not heat the transmission housing more than 212 В°F (100 В°C).
NOTE: Let the transmission housing cool to room temperature before installing the bearing outer race.
2. Remove the bearing outer race (A) and the 80 mm thrust washer (B) from the torque converter housing (C).
3. Install the 80 mm thrust washer and a new bearing outer race in the torque converter housing.
4. Install the bearing outer race securely in the torque converter housing using the driver handle and the 78 x 80 mm attachment.
5. Install the 76 mm thrust shim (A), the 76.2 mm thrust washer (B), and a new bearing outer race (C) in the transmission housing (D).
NOTE: Be sure to install the 76.2 mm thrust washer with the "41382 RKY" mark facing downward.
6. Install the bearing outer race securely so there is no clearance between the bearing outer race, the 76.2 mm thrust washer, the 76 mm thrust shim, and the transmission housing, using the driver handle and the 72 x 75 mm attachment.
Daytime Running Lights
With the headlight switch off or in the position, the high beam headlights and the high beam indicator come on with reduced brightness when you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) po ...
Rear Safing Sensor Replacement
Removal 1. Do the battery t e r m i n a l disconnection p r o c e d u r e (see page 22-91), t h e n wait at least 3 minutes before starting w o r k . 2. Remove t h e rear seat c u s h i o n (see ...
Immobilizer Key Registration
NOTE: вЂў The HDS is required for registration of the immobilizer keys. вЂў Programming the immobilizer also programs the keyless transmitter. вЂў Check for aftermarket electrical eq ...