Honda Accord: Front Seat Slide Motor Replacement
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or service.
Driver's Seat (10-way Power Seat)
NOTE; - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers.
1. Remove the front seat (see page 20-194).
2. Remove the flex cable (A) and the cable housing (B).
-1. Release the housing from the hooks (C).
-2. Disconnect the cable from the worm gear (D) in the -3. Disconnect the cable from the slide motor (E).
NOTE: Take care not to kink the cable.
3. Disconnect the slide motor connector (A), then remove the slide motor (B) from the slide motor bracket (C) while disconnecting the motor from the short flex cable (D).
4. Pull out the short flex cable (A) from the worm gear (B) in the outer seat track.
5. Remove t h e m o t o r end m o u n t i n g (A) f r om the slide m o t o r (B).
6. Install the slide motor in the reverse order of removal, and note these items; - Apply multipurpose grease to the worm gear areas in both seat tracks.
- Install the short flex cable to the slide motor before installing the slide motor to the slide motor bracket.
- Make sure both seat tracks are all the way forward before installing the slide motor bracket on the tracks. Install the short flex cable to the slide motor.
- Make sure the short flex cable and the flex cable are connected properly.
- Make sure the slide motor connector is plugged in properly.
-Check the front seat slide operation.
Automatic Lighting Off Feature
This feature turns off the headlights, all other exterior lights, and the instrument panel lights within 15 seconds after you remove the key and close the driver’s door. The automatic light ...
A/C Compressor Clutch Overhaul
Special Tools Required вЂў A/C Clutch Holder Robinair 10290 or Kent-Moore J37872, commercially available вЂў A/C Clutch Holder Honda Tool and Equipment ACT499A, commercially available 1. Re ...
Automatic Seat Belt Tensioners
For added protection, the front seat belts are equipped with automatic seat belt tensioners. When activated, the tensioners immediately tighten the belts to help hold the driver and a fron ...