Honda Accord: Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnection
NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following procedures before disconnecting the battery, 1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code(s) for the audio and/or the navigation system (if equipped).
2. If you are replacing the audio unit, write down the audio presets (AM and FM), and the XM audio presets (if equipped), because the audio unit does not retain the presets after the battery is disconnected.
3. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
4. Disconnect and isolate the negative cable from the battery.
NOTE: Always disconnect the negative cable from the battery first.
5. Disconnect the positive cable from the battery.
NOTE: Some systems store data in memory that is lost when the battery is disconnected. Do the following procedures to restore the system back to normal operation.
1. Clean the battery terminals.
2. Test the battery (see page 22-90).
3. Reconnect the positive cable (A) to the battery (B) first, then reconnect the negative cable (C) to the battery.
NOTE: Always connect the positive cable to the battery first.
4. Apply multipurpose grease to the terminals to prevent corrosion.
5. Enter the anti-theft code(s) for the audio system and/or the navigation system (if equipped).
6. Enter the audio presets (if applicable), and enter the XM audio presets (if equipped).
7. Set the clock (for vehicles without navigation).
Trunk Lower Trim Replacement
4-door NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the trunk lid. 1. Remove the license plate from the trunk lid. 2. Remove the clips fastening the trunk lower t ...
Component Location Index Symptom Troubleshooting Index '08-09 models 10 model Circuit Diagram '08-09 models '10 model Radiator Fan Circuit Troubleshooting '08-09 models 1 ...