Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Removal
Special Tools Required
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
Identify the valves and the valve springs as they are removed so that each item can be reinstalled in its original position.
1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76).
2. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81).
3. Using an appropriate-sized socket (A) and a plastic mallet (B), lightly tap the spring retainer to loosen the valve cotters.
4. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and remove the valve cotters.
5. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment, then remove the spring retainer, and the valve spring and the valves.
6. Install the valve guide seal remover.
7. Remove the valve seal.
1. Remove the valves (see page 6-86).
2. Measure the valve in these areas.
Intake Valve Dimensions
A Standard (New): 35.85-вЂќ36.15 mm
B Standard (New): 108.5-109.1 mm
(4.272 -4.295 in)
C Standard (New): 5.475-вЂќ5.485 mm
C Service Limit: 5.445 mm (0.2144 in)
Exhaust Valve Dimensions
A Standard (New): 30.85-31.15 mm
B Standard (New): 108.4-109.0 mm
C Standard (New): 5.450-5.460 mm
C Service Limit: 5.42 mm (0.213 in)
Front Door Weatherstrip Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the door. - Take care not to damage the front upper corner clip (black) (4-door) and the rear upper corner clips (black) ...
Operating the XM Radio
To listen to XM Radio, turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position, and press the button. The last channel you listened to will show in the audio screen and the cent ...
Front Grille Cover Replacement
2-door NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the front grille or the body. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Remove the front grille cov ...