Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Removal
Special Tools Required
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
Identify the valves and the valve springs as they are removed so that each item can be reinstalled in its original position.
1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76).
2. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81).
3. Using an appropriate-sized socket (A) and a plastic mallet (B), lightly tap the spring retainer to loosen the valve cotters.
4. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and remove the valve cotters.
5. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment, then remove the spring retainer, and the valve spring and the valves.
6. Install the valve guide seal remover.
7. Remove the valve seal.
1. Remove the valves (see page 6-86).
2. Measure the valve in these areas.
Intake Valve Dimensions
A Standard (New): 35.85-вЂќ36.15 mm
B Standard (New): 108.5-109.1 mm
(4.272 -4.295 in)
C Standard (New): 5.475-вЂќ5.485 mm
C Service Limit: 5.445 mm (0.2144 in)
Exhaust Valve Dimensions
A Standard (New): 30.85-31.15 mm
B Standard (New): 108.4-109.0 mm
C Standard (New): 5.450-5.460 mm
C Service Limit: 5.42 mm (0.213 in)
Camshaft InspectionNOTE: Do not rotate the camshaft during inspection. 1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76). 2. Disassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82). 3. Remove the rocker arm assembly (se ...
Valve Stem-to-Guide Clearance Inspection1. Remove the valves (see page 6-86). 2. Subtract the O.D. of the valve stem, measured with a micrometer, from the I.D. of the valve guide, measured with an inside micrometer or a ball gauge. ...
'10 model w i t h navigation system '08-09 models with navigation system Without navigation system with climate control system With HVAC control system ...
Headlight (High'Beam) 1. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the headlight Headlight (High Beam): 60 W 2. Turn the bulb socket 45 В° counterclockwise to remove the bulb. 3. Install a new b ...
Side Sill Protection Tape Replacement
2-door 1. Slowly remove the old side sill protection tape. 2. Clean the body bonding surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol. After cleaning, keep oil, grease, and water from get ...