Honda Accord: Cable Reel Replacement
1. Make sure t h e f r o n t w h e e l s are a l i g n e d straight ahead.
2. Do t h e b a t t e r y t e r m i n a l d i s c o n n e c t i o n procedure (see page 22-91), t h e n w a i t at least 3 minutes.
3. Remove t h e d r i v e r ' s a i r b a g (see p a g e 24-211).
4. Disconnect t h e c a b le reel subharness 20P connector (A) f r om t h e c a b le reel, t h e n r e m o v e t h e s t e e r i ng wheel bolt (B).
5. C o n f i rm t h a t t h e f r o n t w h e e l s point straight ahead, t h e n remove t h e s t e e r i n g wheel w i t h a s t e e r i n g wheel puller (see page 17-6). D o not t a p o n t h e s t e e r i ng wheel o r s t e e r i ng c o l u m n shaft w h e n r e m o v i n g t he steering w h e e l.
6. Remove the upper and lower column covers (see page 20-181).
7. Disconnect the dashboard wire harness 4P connector (A) from the cable reel 4P connector (B), then disconnect the dashboard wire harness 20P connector (C) from the cable reel (D).
8. Release the lock tab (A) under the cable reel connector with a 90 В° hook shaped tool (B). Slide the tool below the cable reel connector just above the lock tab.
Release the lower lock tab (C), and slide the cable reel off the column.
1. Before installing the steering wheel, make sure front wheels are aligned straight ahead.
2. If not already done, disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
3. Set the turn signal canceling sleeve (A) so that the projections (B) are aligned vertically.
4. Carefully install the cable reel (A) on the steering column shaft. Then connect the disconnect the dashboard wire harness 20P connector (B) to the cable reel, and connect the cable reel 4P connector (C) to the dashboard wire harness 4P connector (D).
5. Install the upper and lower column covers (see page 20-181).
6. Before Installing the steering wheel, make sure the front wheels are pointing ahead, then center the cable reel (A). Do t h i s by first rotating the cable reel clockwise until it stops. Then rotate it" counterclockwise ^(iabout t h r e e turns) until the arrow mark (B) on the cable reel label points straight up.
7. Position the two tabs (A) of the turn signal canceling sleeve-(B) as shown, and install the. steering wheel on to the steering column shaft, making sure the steering wheel hub '(C) engages the pins (D) of the cable reel and tabs of the turn signal canceling sleeve. Do not' tap on the steering wheel or steering column shaft when installing the steering wheel.
8. Install the steering wheel bolt (A), and tighten it to the specified torque, then connect the cable reel subharness 20P connector (B).
9. Install t h e d r i v e r ' s a i r b a g (see page 24-211).
10. D o t h e b a t t e r y t e r m i n a l reconnection procedure (see page 22-91).
11 Clear any DTCs w i t h t h e HDS (see page 24-38).
12. A f t e r i n s t a l l i n g t h e cable reel, c o n f i rm proper system o p e r a t i o n : вЂў Turn t h e ignition switch t o O N (II); t h e SRS indicator s h o u l d c o m e o n f o r about.6 seconds a n d t h e n go off. вЂў After t h e SRS indicator has t u r n e d off, t u r n t he s t e e r i n g wheel f u l l y left a n d r i g h t t o c o n f i rm t h e SRS indicator does not c o m e on.
вЂў Make s u r e t h e h o r n a n d t u r n signal switches work p r o p e r l y .
вЂў Make s u r e t h e s t e e r i n g wheel switches work p r o p e r l y .
Airbag and Tensioner DisposalSpecial Tools Required Deployment Tool 07HAZ-SG00500 Before scrapping any airbags, side airbags, side curtain airbags, seat belt tensioners, (including those in a whole vehicle to be scrapped), th ...
SRS Unit ReplacementRemoval 1. Do t h e b a t t e r y t e r m i n a l d i s c o n n e c t i o n procedure (see page 22-91), t h e n w a i t at least 3 m i n u t e s before s t a r t i n g work. 2. Remove t h e d ...
Blower Unit Component Replacement
Note these items when overhauling the blower unit: вЂў The recirculation control motor (A), the blower motor (B), and the dust and pollen filter (C) can be replaced without removing the blower u ...
Starter Performance Test
1. Remove the starter (see page 4-11). 2. Firmly clamp the starter in a vise. 3. Make a connection for this test using the thickest (gauge) wire possible (preferably the same gauge as used on ...
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals. They should be able to answer all your questions. If you encounter a problem that your dealership does not solve to your satisfaction, pl ...