Honda Accord: Trunk Lid Adjustment
1. Remove the rear shelf (see page 20-128).
2. Pry up the notches (A) to release the rear hooks (B), and pull up the cap (C) to release the side hooks (D), then remove the cap.
3. Slightly loosen the trunk lid hinge bolts (E) and the striker bolts (F).
4. Adjust the trunk lid (G) alignment in the following sequence: - Adjust the trunk lid hinges (H) right and left, as well as forward and rearward, by using the elongated holes. Take care not to hit the rear window when loosening the bolts.
- Turn the trunk lid edge cushions (I), in or out as necessary, to make the trunk lid fit flush with the body at the rear and side edges.
- Adjust the fit between the trunk lid and the trunk lid opening by moving the striker (J).
5. Tighten each bolt to the specified torque.
6. Make sure the trunk lid opens properly and locks securely.
7. Reinstall all removed parts.
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals. They should be able to answer all your questions. If you encounter a problem that your dealership does not solve to your satisfaction, pl ...
Body Controller Area Network (B-CAN) and Fast Controller Area Network (F-CAN) The body controller area network (B-CAN) and the fast controller area network (F-CAN) share information between mult ...
Throttle Body Cleaning
Do n o t i n s e r t : your fingers into the installed throve body when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) or while the ignition switch is in ON (II). If you do, you will seriously injure your ...