Honda Accord: Side Defogger Vent Trim Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Insert the appropriate trim tool into a gap between the side defogger vent trim (A) and the driver's outer middle pad (B), and detach the lower clips (C).
2. Pull out the side defogger vent trim to detach the upper clip (D), then remove the trim.
3. Install the vent trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips into place securely.
Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16). 2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14). 3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the cran ...
Component Location Index
'10 model ...
Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection,
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement 2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage. 3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scorin ...