Honda Accord: Dashboard Center Vent Removal / Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
With Navigation Sf stem
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Apply protective tape (A) to the dashboard middle pad beside both side edges of the dashboard center vent (B). Pry up on the edge of the center vent with the appropriate trim tool to detach the clips (C, D).
2. Pull out the dashboard center vent (A) by hand to detach lower clips and release the projections (B) from the holes in the center display visor (C), then remove the center vent.
3. Disconnect the hazard warning switch/passenger's airbag cutoff indicator connector (D) and the navigation subdisplay connector (E). Detach the harness clip (F), and release the wire harness (G) from the harness holder (H).
4. Install the center vent in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
- Push the harness clip and the clips into place securely.
Voice Control Operation
Your vehicle has a voice control system that allows hands-free operation of most of the navigation system functions. The voice control system uses the (Talk) and (hang-up/back) buttons on ...
ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)
NOTICE The ABS may not function correctly if you use an incorrect tire type and size. When the ABS indicator comes on while driving, there may be a problem with the system. While normal braki ...
Navigation Display Unit
1 Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114), then remove the center display visor (see page 20-171). 2. Remove the screws and bolts (A), then pull out the navigation display unit (B). 3. Install ...