Honda Accord: Shift Lock Solenoid Test
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. If it does not, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
3. Select Shift Lock Solenoid Test in the Miscellaneous Test Menu, and check that the shift lock solenoid operates with the HDS.
4. Check that the shift lever can be moved out of P when the Shift Lock Solenoid is ON. Move the shift lever back to P, and check that it locks with the Shift Lock Solenoid is OFF.
5. Check that the shift lock releases when the shift lock release is pushed, and check that it locks when the shift lock release is released.
6. If the shift lock solenoid does not work properly, go to the shift lock system troubleshooting (see page 14-249).
iPod Error Messages (Models without navigation system)
If you see an error message on the audio display while playing an iPod, find the solution in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehicle to your dealer. ...
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
Instead of directly measuring the pressure in each tire, the TPMS on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tire while you are dri ...
Fuel Cap Warning Message System
Special Tools Required - Vacuum Pump/Gauge, 0 - 3 0 In.Hg, Snap-on YA4000A or equivalent, commercially available - Vacuum/Pressure Gauge, 0 - 4 In.Hg, 07JAZ-001000B comes on frequently, or if the ...