Honda Accord: Shift Lock Solenoid Test
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. If it does not, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
3. Select Shift Lock Solenoid Test in the Miscellaneous Test Menu, and check that the shift lock solenoid operates with the HDS.
4. Check that the shift lever can be moved out of P when the Shift Lock Solenoid is ON. Move the shift lever back to P, and check that it locks with the Shift Lock Solenoid is OFF.
5. Check that the shift lock releases when the shift lock release is pushed, and check that it locks when the shift lock release is released.
6. If the shift lock solenoid does not work properly, go to the shift lock system troubleshooting (see page 14-249).
Exhaust Pipe and Muffler Replacement
NOTE: Use new gaskets and self-locking nuts when reassembling. ...
Security System Alarm
The security system alarm activates when the doors, trunk, or hood are opened without the key, remote transmitter, or smart entry system. The security alarm continues for a maximum of two minutes ...
Open the glove box by pulling the handle to the left. Close it with a firm push. Lock or unlock the glove box with the master key. An open glove box can cause serious injury to your passe ...