Honda Accord: Shift Lock Solenoid Test
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. If it does not, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
3. Select Shift Lock Solenoid Test in the Miscellaneous Test Menu, and check that the shift lock solenoid operates with the HDS.
4. Check that the shift lever can be moved out of P when the Shift Lock Solenoid is ON. Move the shift lever back to P, and check that it locks with the Shift Lock Solenoid is OFF.
5. Check that the shift lock releases when the shift lock release is pushed, and check that it locks when the shift lock release is released.
6. If the shift lock solenoid does not work properly, go to the shift lock system troubleshooting (see page 14-249).
Rear License Plate Light Bulbs
When replacing, use the following bulbs. 1. Remove the license plate light assembly by pushing the left edge of the lens toward the right and pulling the assembly out. 2. Remove the lens b ...
Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), t ...
General Troubleshooting Information
Troubleshooting CAN Circuit Related Problems NOTE: If you are troubleshooting multiple DTCs, be sure to follow the instructions in B-Can System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134).. Using the ...