Honda Accord: Rear Door Outer Molding Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
- Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
N O T E : - If you remove the door outer molding, replace it with a new one because it will bend during removal.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
1. Detach the clips (A) with a clip remover, then pull back romn\/o th (C, D).
2. Pull out the upper edge of the door outer molding (A) from the edge of the sash, and cut the double-sided adhesive tape (B) with a utility knife, then remove the molding from the sash, and remove the molding from between the door glass outer weatherstrip (C) and the door.
3. Scrape off remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the sash, then clean the sash surface with a shop towel dampened in isopropyl alcohol.
4. Install the door outer molding in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Insert the rear edge of the molding between the door glass outer weatherstrip and the door properly.
- Push adhesive areas into place securely.
- Make sure the upper and lower sides of the molding are catching the edges of the sash properly.
- Push the clips into place securely.
Your vehicle is designed to operate on unleaded gasoline with a pump octane number of 87 or higher. Use of a lower octane gasoline can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise that c ...
Oil Pan Installation
1. Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes. 2. Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces. 3. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,0871 ...