Honda Accord: VTC Actuator Inspection
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Loosen the rocker arm adjusting screws (see step 2 on page 6-81).
3. Remove the camshaft holder (see step 3 on page 6-81).
4. Remove the intake camshaft.
5. Check that the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator is locked by turning the VTC actuator counterclockwise. If it is not locked, turn the VTC actuator clockwise until it stops, then recheck it. If it is still not locked, replace the VTC actuator.
6. Seal the retard holes (A) in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie.
7. Seal one of the advance holes (A) with tape.
8. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock.
9. Check that the VTC actuator moves smoothly. If the VTC actuator does not move smoothly, replace the VTC actuator.
10. Remove the wire tie, the tape, and the adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
11. Make sure the punch marks on the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket are facing up, then set the camshafts in the cylinder head (see step 7 on page 6-93).
12. Set the camshaft holders and cam chain guide B in place (see step 8 on page 6-93).
13. Tighten the camshaft holder bolts to the specified torque (see step 9 on page 6-93).
14. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
15. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
16. Adjust the valve clearance (see page 6-58).
General Troubleshooting Information
How to Use the Self-diagnostic Function The HVAC control unit has a self-diagnostic function for the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the ...
Special Tools Required - Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T1256* - Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015* - Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016* *: Are available through the Honda Tool and Equipme ...
Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box
Removal and Installation Special Tools Required Relay Puller 07AAC-000A1A0 NOTE; The under-hood fuse/relay box is a part of the left engine compartment wire harness, and it cannot be replaced by ...