Honda Accord: Oil Pan Installation
1. Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes.
2. Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces.
3. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the engine block mating surface of the oil pan, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diamete bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
4. Install the oil pan.
5. Tighten the bolts in three steps. In the final step, torque all bolts, in sequence, to 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibfft). Wipe off the excess liquid gasket on the each side of crankshaft pulley and the flywheel/drive plate.
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the oil pan.
6. Install the clutch/torque converter cover (A) and the transmission mounting bolts (B).
7. If the engine is still in the vehicle, do steps 8 through 24.
8. Lower the transmission jack from the transmission.
9. A/T model: Install the shift cable bracket.
- Vehicles with JHM VINs (see step 34 on page 14-209).
- Vehicles with 1 HG VINs (see step 37 on page 14-210).
10. Tighten the nuts securing the lower transmission mount (see step 24 on page 5-16).
11. Install a new set ring on the end of driveshaft, then install the driveshaft (see page 16-19). Make sure the ring "clicks" into place in the differential.
12. Connect the lower arm to the left side knuckle (see step 5 on page 18-21).
13. Install the left side damper fork (see step 3 on page 18-21).
14. Install the splash shield (see step 47 on page 5-20).
15. Install the left front wheel.
16. Lower the vehicle on the lift.
17. Tighten the upper transmission mount bracket mounting bolts to the specified torque.
18. Tighten the rear engine mount mounting bolts to the specified torque.
19. Tighten the front engine mount bolt (A), then install the front engine mount stop (B).
20. Install the battery base, then install the harness clamps (see step 63 on page 5-22).
21. Install the air cleaner assembly (see page 11-332).
22. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
23. Install the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
24. Refill the engine with the recommended engine oil (see page 8-10).
Mainshaft Disassembly, Inspection,
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings and the needle bearings for galling and rough movement 2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage. 3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scorin ...
To Play an iPod
This audio system can operate the audio files on the iPod with the same controls used for the in-dash disc changer. To play an iPod, connect it to the USB adapter cable in the console compar ...
Driver's Inner Middle Pad
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: -Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related pa ...