Honda Accord: Oil Pan Installation
1. Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes.
2. Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces.
3. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the engine block mating surface of the oil pan, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diamete bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
4. Install the oil pan.
5. Tighten the bolts in three steps. In the final step, torque all bolts, in sequence, to 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibfft). Wipe off the excess liquid gasket on the each side of crankshaft pulley and the flywheel/drive plate.
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the oil pan.
6. Install the clutch/torque converter cover (A) and the transmission mounting bolts (B).
7. If the engine is still in the vehicle, do steps 8 through 24.
8. Lower the transmission jack from the transmission.
9. A/T model: Install the shift cable bracket.
- Vehicles with JHM VINs (see step 34 on page 14-209).
- Vehicles with 1 HG VINs (see step 37 on page 14-210).
10. Tighten the nuts securing the lower transmission mount (see step 24 on page 5-16).
11. Install a new set ring on the end of driveshaft, then install the driveshaft (see page 16-19). Make sure the ring "clicks" into place in the differential.
12. Connect the lower arm to the left side knuckle (see step 5 on page 18-21).
13. Install the left side damper fork (see step 3 on page 18-21).
14. Install the splash shield (see step 47 on page 5-20).
15. Install the left front wheel.
16. Lower the vehicle on the lift.
17. Tighten the upper transmission mount bracket mounting bolts to the specified torque.
18. Tighten the rear engine mount mounting bolts to the specified torque.
19. Tighten the front engine mount bolt (A), then install the front engine mount stop (B).
20. Install the battery base, then install the harness clamps (see step 63 on page 5-22).
21. Install the air cleaner assembly (see page 11-332).
22. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
23. Install the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306).
24. Refill the engine with the recommended engine oil (see page 8-10).
Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement
NOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces. - Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint or plastic. If brake fluid does contact the paint or plastic, ...
Adding Engine Oil
1. Unscrew and remove the engine oil fill cap. 2. Add oil slowly. 3. Reinstall the engine oil fill cap, and tighten it securely. 4. Wait for three minutes and recheck the engine oil dipsti ...
Instruments and Controls
This section gives information about the controls and displays that contribute to the daily operation of your vehicle. All the essential controls are within easy reach. ...