Honda Accord: Transmission End Crankshaft Oil Seal Installation - In Car.
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000
Oil Seal Driver Attachment, 96 mm 07ZAD-PNAA100
1 Remove the transmission: - Manual transmission (see page 13-7) - Automatic transmission (see page 14-194) 2. M/T model: Remove the flywheel (see step 17 on page 12-18), the clutch disc (see step 8 on page 12-16), and the pressure plate (see step 3 on page 12-15).
3. A/T model: Remove the drive plate (see page 14-204).
4. Clean and dry the crankshaft oil seal housing.
5. Apply a light coat of new engine oil to the lip of the crankshaft oil seal.
6. Use the driver handle, 15 x 135L and the oil seal driver attachment 96 mm to drive a new crankshaft oil seal squarely into the engine block to the specified installed height.
7. Measure the distance between the engine block (A)
and the crankshaft oil seal (B).
Oil Seal Installed Height: 0.2-1.2 mm
8. M/T model: Install the flywheel (see step 18 on page 12-18), the clutch disc (see step 26 on page 12-19), and the pressure plate (see step 27 on page 12-19).
9. A/T model: Install the drive plate (see page 14-204).
10. Install the transmission: - Manual transmission (see page 13-15) - Automatic transmission (see page 14-205)
Component Location Index
Frot Suspension Rear Suspension ...
Idle Speed Inspection
NOTE: - Before checking the idle speed, check these items: - The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs. - Ignition timing - Spark plug ...
Engine Type K24Z3: 2.4 L DOHC i-VTEC Sequential Multiport Fuel-injected, 190HP engine Serial Number 2500001-: PZEV 2800001-: Except PZEV ...