Honda Accord: Transmission End Crankshaft Oil Seal Installation - In Car.
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000
Oil Seal Driver Attachment, 96 mm 07ZAD-PNAA100
1 Remove the transmission: - Manual transmission (see page 13-7) - Automatic transmission (see page 14-194) 2. M/T model: Remove the flywheel (see step 17 on page 12-18), the clutch disc (see step 8 on page 12-16), and the pressure plate (see step 3 on page 12-15).
3. A/T model: Remove the drive plate (see page 14-204).
4. Clean and dry the crankshaft oil seal housing.
5. Apply a light coat of new engine oil to the lip of the crankshaft oil seal.
6. Use the driver handle, 15 x 135L and the oil seal driver attachment 96 mm to drive a new crankshaft oil seal squarely into the engine block to the specified installed height.
7. Measure the distance between the engine block (A)
and the crankshaft oil seal (B).
Oil Seal Installed Height: 0.2-1.2 mm
8. M/T model: Install the flywheel (see step 18 on page 12-18), the clutch disc (see step 26 on page 12-19), and the pressure plate (see step 27 on page 12-19).
9. A/T model: Install the drive plate (see page 14-204).
10. Install the transmission: - Manual transmission (see page 13-15) - Automatic transmission (see page 14-205)
Changing a Flat Tire
If you have a flat tire while driving, pull over safely. Drive slowly along the shoulder until you get to an area far away from traffic lanes. The vehicle can easily roll off the jack, se ...
To play the tracks on the current disc in random order, select TRACK RANDOM, and press ENTER on the interface selector. As a reminder, you will see RANDOM next to TRACK on the screen. To tur ...
Preparing to Drive
You should do the following checks and adjustments before you drive your vehicle. 1. Make sure all windows, mirrors, and outside lights are clean and unobstructed. Remove frost, snow, or ic ...