Honda Accord: Front Door Outer Handle Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves t o protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the door.
1 . Remove the door panel: - 2-door (see page 20-12) - 4-door (see page 20-17)
2. Disconnect the power door lock actuator connector (A), and detach the harness clips (B).
3. Remove the rear plug cap (C), then remove the plastic cover (D) as needed.
NOTE: If the plastic cover is damaged or torn, replace it with a new one.
4. Remove the maintenance cap (A) (2-door) or the hole seal (B) (4-door).
5. Driver's door: Pull both side flanges (A) of the retainer (B) outward, and pull out the middle flange area (C) of the outer casing cover (D), then disconnect the lock - cylinder cable (E) from the latch. 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar.
6.2-door: Pull the glass run channel (A) away as needed, and remove the bolt, then remove the center lower channel (B) by pulling it downward.
7. While holding the outer handle cover (A), loosen the bolt until it can be pulled out half-way by hand (driver's door), or remove the bolt (passenger's door).
Release the hooks (B) of the outer handle cover, then remove the outer handle cover.
8. Release the hooks (A), then remove the lock cylinder (B) (driver's door) or the outer handle holder (C) (passenger's door) from the outer handle base (D).
9. Driver's door: If the retainer (A) of the lock cylinder
cable (B) is damaged, release the hooks (C), then
replace it with a new one.
10. Pull back the outer handle (A), and out as shown to remove it from the door.
11. Release the hooks (A, B), then remove the outer
handle front seal (C) and the outer handle rear seal
12. Remove the outer handle base (A).
-1. Release the rod fastener (B) from the outer handle rod (C).
-2. Disconnect the outer handle rod with a clip remover.
-3. Loosen the nut.
-4. Release the hook (D), and slide the outer handle base forward to release the special bolt (E) from the door.
13. Remove the rod fastener (A) from the outer handle base (B), then replace it with a new one.
14. Install the outer handle in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Reinstall the lock cylinder (driver's door) or the outer handle holder (passenger's door) before installing the outer handle cover.
- Make sure that the power door lock actuator connector is plugged in properly, and that the lock cylinder cable and the outer handle rod are connected securely.
- Make sure the door key cylinder/door locks operate properly.
- Make sure the door handle works properly.
- When reinstalling the door panel, make sure the plastic cover on the door is installed properly .
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch A
PZEV model 1. Remove the rocker arm oil control valve (see page 11-275). 2. Remove rocker arm oil pressure switch A. 3. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ring (B) ...
Ground to Components Index * 1 : EX-L, EX-L PZEV *2: Except EX-L, EX-L PZEV *3: With premium audio system *4: With navigation system *5: '10 model *6: '08-09 models ...
Safety When Performing Maintenance
Some of the most important safety precautions are given here. However, we cannot warn you of every conceivable hazard that can arise in performing maintenance. Only you can decide whether or not ...